Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my car collection/addiction grows, I need more space and need to put in a garage lift for storage.
I have a 3 car garage and a separate 4th single garage. I want to put the lift on the left side of the 3 car garage bay. I was going to get a Bend Pak HD9 4 post lift, but then saw a very cool single post lift they make as well, though more expensive ($5400 vs $2900).
Problem is if I put a single post lift on the left side, I hear it is difficult to open the driver side door because of the post.

Any experience with either?
ImageUploadedByAG Free1384920081.290951.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Four post. Though structural integrity and warranty may come along with the single post, I like the peace of mind that an extra three posts gives.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Funny I was just doing lift research yesterday as I'm building another 2 bay addition on my house. I think i'm actually going to do a single post lift so I can park a car underneath it and then also do a scissor lift so I can work on the cars. One might wonder why but the garage is actually going to be smaller than I originally wanted due to setbacks on the property line so I don't want anything encroaching on usable space around the cars.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
4 post with a set of bridge jacks is on my x-mas list.

That way you can leave it up there without worry, AND work on it with wheels off if you want.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Definitely a 4 post if you plan on parking another car under it.
I'm not real familiar with the single post lifts but I have a 2 and a 4 post in my garage. For changing oil and parking, the 4 post is perfect but for everything else, I prefer to work under the 2 post.

·
Registered
218 Posts
two post for service.
four post for storage and some service.
one post with parking flat surface for small garage.

Complete hydraulics are inexpensive and good way to go... not the best but works for me for 8 years holding heavy cars without any problem.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Revisiting this....what brands do people recommend for a 4 post lift?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the Direct Lift out of Temecula CA. Had it for years with no issues. Back my Panteras into it so the garage door slides over the low hood. Works real nice. Takes a little bit of skill, but I hold a small mirror out the window to watch the rear and front tire placement on the lift as I am backing in. Much easier than driving inward, kind of blind that way. I try to save my martini until afterward.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
two post for service.
four post for storage and some service.
one post with parking flat surface for small garage.

Complete hydraulics are inexpensive and good way to go... not the best but works for me for 8 years holding heavy cars without any problem.
this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two posts may be a little better for working on most suspensions but if you only plan to have one, the four post is the best option.
Here is mine.

Cheers!
Mickm

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went with 4 post Bendpak HD 9

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Plastique, what's your ceiling height in your garage?
This garage is 10'6"
The 16M is raised pretty high in the pic. I could probably put the Bentley under the 16M if need be.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the info.. do you think you could fit two bentleys stacked on top of each other with your ceiling height?
I'd have to measure it out.
Basically you need the height of each car added to about 1 1/2feet or so. The total should be under your ceiling height.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts