Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am wanting to put lifts in my new garage. What would be a appropriate height for the inside of my garage?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Depends how high and what type of lift you want. James had a thread with a lift setup that raised the car 2~ft it looked like.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys I need to clarify. The kind of lift I would want is one that I can store a car on top and have one on bottom

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'd like to know the answer as well. My guess is around 14-15 feet depending on the height of the vehicles you want to store and if you wanna have to duck when you get out or not...I figure I'm 6 ft...add 2 ft for a lift or so and another 6-7 ft for a vehicle on top.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Paul and BogeyBoy82,

It's gonna depend on the model of cars and weight capacity. As well, if you want clearance so as not to bump your head, then I'll take that into consideration.

Contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll work with you to source the proper lift.

For cars, you're typically in the 9-12 ft range.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Here's what Bendpak recommends:

12’ ceiling to allow ample room for top car clearance. However, ceilings can be as low as 10’ ceiling and still fit a lift and sports cars in a garage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just completed a 600SF addition to my existing garage. i did 13' ceilings utilizing liftmaster "jack shaft" operators. both front and rear doors lift to within 7" of the ceiling. i don't think that you need more than 13' ceiling height for just about any lift configuration. FWIW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts