Luxury4Play.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very surprised watching Battle of Supercars this weekend.

Joyride Ford GT Vs. Technocraft Gallardo at Del Toro AFB in Irvine, CA

During the 0 - 1 mile run the Gallardo motor blows with Paul Tracy at wheel.

No videos posted yet but it was an oil & coolant mess.

Its suppose to be simple...
Redline through gears and record speed at end of mile... Failry quick run

Well good they didnt scrub that episode.

No word how much track use or prior maintenance history on that car.

Not sure if car had different tuning either.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
They are a sponsor on the forum, please speak with respect. The Tenchocraft guys are A+ people.

But it happens, driving a car all out and pushing it that hard, it could/does happen. But now it's a perfect time to go built and TT ;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Very surprised watching Battle of Supercars this weekend.

Joyride Ford GT Vs. Technocraft Gallardo at Del Toro AFB in Irvine, CA

During the 0 - 1 mile run the Gallardo motor blows with Paul Tracy at wheel.

No videos posted yet but it was an oil & coolant mess.

Its suppose to be simple...
Redline through gears and record speed at end of mile... Failry quick run

Well good they didnt scrub that episode.

No word how much track use or prior maintenance history on that car.

Not sure if car had different tuning either.
editing is key to this. there is a lot that wasn't seen and shown. can't get into details but the car came to them in perfect condition and was abused to the max! others have already commented on several forums and its already known how hard he is on cars. they made up all kind of numbers about the car such as weight etc which we all know is wrong and didn't consult with anyone. there is a lot more to this story which i'm not at liberty to discuss yet but the tecnocraft lambo was a well maintained vehicle that in anybody else's hands would of done fine. i have driven this car personally and all the aero parts and performance parts work and drive great. it is very sad that this has happened to such a beautiful car. on top of it the car is hammered from rock debris all over. you would think this car was taken in an off road rally. very sad the abuse this car went through!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
They are a sponsor on the forum, please speak with respect. The Tenchocraft guys are A+ people.

But it happens, driving a car all out and pushing it that hard, it could/does happen. But now it's a perfect time to go built and TT ;)
thank you for mentioning that! they are top notch over there and it is not fair what they have to go through right now.

and p.s after all the dust settles there are big plans for this amazing car!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't think he was trying to personally pick on that car cause I waundered the same thing knowing how strong those motors are. We all know alot goes on behind the scenes that we never see. but it is great that someone can come on here and speak the truth of what really happened.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I don't think he was trying to personally pick on that car cause I waundered the same thing knowing how strong those motors are. We all know alot goes on behind the scenes that we never see. but it is great that someone can come on here and speak the truth of what really happened.
the truth will soon set us free :whistle: the motors are strong and can hold up to most conditions. just like anything though gross abuse always will play a factor. this was a very well maintained car and very well loved! we will continue to help and serve our beloved lambo community!

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
editing is key to this. there is a lot that wasn't seen and shown. can't get into details but the car came to them in perfect condition and was abused to the max! others have already commented on several forums and its already known how hard he is on cars. they made up all kind of numbers about the car such as weight etc which we all know is wrong and didn't consult with anyone. there is a lot more to this story which i'm not at liberty to discuss yet but the tecnocraft lambo was a well maintained vehicle that in anybody else's hands would of done fine. i have driven this car personally and all the aero parts and performance parts work and drive great. it is very sad that this has happened to such a beautiful car. on top of it the car is hammered from rock debris all over. you would think this car was taken in an off road rally. very sad the abuse this car went through!
Motors can sometimes blow. Machines do break.

Just surprising to see it on a controlled show, containing quick short sprints away from hard road racing.

I dont know anything about Technocraft and dont care too.

Just trying to collect comments on this and get some facts.

If the show abused that car, as you claim, im sure they abuse all the cars, which is just an assunption, as your assumption they singled out the Gallardo for abuse.

Does that make the playing field fair? who knows.

It could of as likely happend to the GT or any peformance car by that matter.

It be good for all of us to hear what happened...Especially Gallardoowners. Im sure they are more interested than most others.

Maybe when the engine is torn down & inspected...

maybe we just might get further details from the owners of the car.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Motors can sometimes blow. Machines do break.

Just surprising to see it on a controlled show, containing quick short sprints away from hard road racing.

I dont know anything about Technocraft and dont care too.

Just trying to collect comments on this and get some facts.

If the show abused that car, as you claim, im sure they abuse all the cars, which is just an assunption, as your assumption they singled out the Gallardo for abuse.

Does that make the playing field fair? who knows.

It could of as likely happend to the GT or any peformance car by that matter.

It be good for all of us to hear what happened...Especially Gallardoowners. Im sure they are more interested than most others.

Maybe when the engine is torn down & inspected...

maybe we just might get further details from the owners of the car.
your absolutely right! machines do break and trust me i have seen quite a few at my shop. most though are from abuse. i can tell you first hand (because i have already seen and worked on it) that car was misused. it is not just the gallardo that was abused. i have a friend that they used their bentley and it came back in awful condition. it also depends on the track and location. some areas are much better and aren't as hard on the cars. also what is controlled on the show?? what they do? what about what's not on camera. if you had an open ticket to drive someones car as hard as you wanted and not have to pay for it how would you drive it. i can't say much more because i already know the answers to most of this as i am involved and helping with this matter. as i can freely discuss more of this i will gladly inform everyone my findings and the real story. for now though it will have to be left at that. either way it doesn't matter whether its a lambo, ford, gm, or any other car for that matter it still sucks!

·
5,744 Posts
I'm definitely going to be following this thread over the next few weeks, and see how this all pans out. I know AllanLambo mentioned he was asked for his car for the show, and declined because he had heard of the abuse the cars get. I guess this is plain evidence of that.

Good luck to the Technocraft boys. With famous handling the lambo side, it's in good hands.

-Markus-

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Dipapa. 3 posts. Comes on a couple of days after the episode airs. Makes a comment in his first post. Troll?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.