Luxury4Play.com banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
It has nothing to do with the price of the car man it has to do with how much the total amount is that you are financing. If you put down 5k on an 85k car you are financing 80k hence the 1400/month. In this case, putting 25k on a 150k car you are financing 125k thus the higher payment. The only difference between financing used vs new is that typically the money is cheaper on new cars.
A lease is directly proportional to the price of the car

Also, leasing a used car is a horrible idea. The rates, money factor and residuals are horrific.

Spreading the tax across the payment is also a bad idea.. If the car is totalled or stolen, you have to fight with DMV for your money back.

:bow1:

·
Gold Sponsor
231 Posts
A lease is directly proportional to the price of the car

:bow1:
A lease is definitely not directly proportional to the price of the car. It is directly proportional to the difference between cap cost and residual.

Lamborghini does not have in-house lending. If you lease a Lamborghini you will have to go through one of several 3rd party leasing institutions. The lease factors and residuals are pretty much the same regardless of which lender the car is leased through.

However, be aware that NOBODY will do a closed-end lease on a Lamborghini. It will be an open-end lease where you are responsible for the residual at the end of the lease. Now these residuals are usually low enough that you can get out of the car without any issues.

Long story short, a 2011 will lease for about $4000-5000/month on a 36 month open end lease with about $25k out of pocket.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
A lease is definitely not directly proportional to the price of the car. It is directly proportional to the difference between cap cost and residual.

Lamborghini does not have in-house lending. If you lease a Lamborghini you will have to go through one of several 3rd party leasing institutions. The lease factors and residuals are pretty much the same regardless of which lender the car is leased through.

However, be aware that NOBODY will do a closed-end lease on a Lamborghini. It will be an open-end lease where you are responsible for the residual at the end of the lease. Now these residuals are usually low enough that you can get out of the car without any issues.

Long story short, a 2011 will lease for about $4000-5000/month on a 36 month open end lease with about $25k out of pocket.

Why do you think Lambo doesnt have in-house leasing?

Audi could underwrite the paper very easily and all of the framwork already exists?

·
Registered
976 Posts

Audi could underwrite the paper very easily and all of the framwork already exists?
Dude unless you have leased from Lambo itself, I would not argue with Tom. He works at freaking LamboBH! I would think that if anyone knows about the financiing / leasing regarding Lambos it would be him :lol: Not to say that Tom knows everything, but financing / leasing info is a vital part of any car salespersons job so I'm sure, if he says that Lambo does NOT lease in house, they don't.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Dude unless you have leased from Lambo itself, I would not argue with Tom. He works at freaking LamboBH! I would think that if anyone knows about the financiing / leasing regarding Lambos it would be him :lol: Not to say that Tom knows everything, but financing / leasing info is a vital part of any car salespersons job so I'm sure, if he says that Lambo does NOT lease in house, they don't.
Wasn't arguing at all man

Just asking Toms opinion on why Lambo doesnt offer direct leasing programs.

Obviously he knows this stuff if it's his job........

·
Gold Sponsor
231 Posts

In Audi's mind, I don't think Lamborghini does enough volume to justify the additional effort from Audi AG. Contrary to what many believe, Lamborghini is self-funded. They do not receive any funding from Audi AG. Sure they get access to VW's network of suppliers and some engineering resources, but that's about it.

Sometimes I think Lambo is the red-headed stepchild of the VW Empire :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
In Audi's mind, I don't think Lamborghini does enough volume to justify the additional effort from Audi AG. Contrary to what many believe, Lamborghini is self-funded. They do not receive any funding from Audi AG.

Sometimes I think Lambo is the red-headed stepchild of the VW Empire :rolleyes:
:laugh:

Figured it was politics

Thanks for the time and education Tom :bow1:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts