Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I placed an order, or shall I say I have my name on the order slot and was able to change the color and options I wanted, no deposit required yet. Apparently I'll need to place the deposit as soon as the build starts. So my question is, for those of you that bought your G63 through an order, were you able to negotiate anything off MSRP? My G63 is $144k with options. I'm paying cash and no trade in. This is my 3rd AMG purchase from new, that customer loyalty hasn't helped me in the past, although they were non- order purchases.

Would like to hear from those of you who have been able to make the purchase without having to pay full MSRP.

please PM need if you'd like to keep it confidential. Thanks. Todd

·
Registered
490 Posts
This seems to be quite normal with luxury vehicles. At least in my experiences anyways. When I ordered my Audi (only a 60k car, no where near as high end as a G63) they didn't do much for me off of MSRP. They used some BS that because it was special ordered and if we backed out it would be a hard sale because of all the options, etc. that we added. All I could pry out of them was free Audi care for the duration of the warranty (4 years). Considering what an oil change and service costs nowadays at the dealership, I guess this is a decent add on. They also threw in winter floor mats (big deal lol).

I think you might have a bit more flexibility if you are looking at one sitting on the lot. Especially when summer/fall rolls around and the new year models will be coming out soon. So in short, I have never personally have been able to get anything off of MSRP when ordering a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This seems to be quite normal with luxury vehicles. At least in my experiences anyways. When I ordered my Audi (only a 60k car, no where near as high end as a G63) they didn't do much for me off of MSRP. They used some BS that because it was special ordered and if we backed out it would be a hard sale because of all the options, etc. that we added. All I could pry out of them was free Audi care for the duration of the warranty (4 years). Considering what an oil change and service costs nowadays at the dealership, I guess this is a decent add on. They also threw in winter floor mats (big deal lol).

I think you might have a bit more flexibility if you are looking at one sitting on the lot. Especially when summer/fall rolls around and the new year models will be coming out soon. So in short, I have never personally have been able to get anything off of MSRP when ordering a luxury vehicle.
Regarding Audi, there's not much wiggle room. That's pretty uniform, no matter where you go.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Although I'm not that informed, I have a very good friend who sold for nearly every luxury car brand (MBZ, BMW, Lexus, etc), and I always asked him about sales and such etc. He would mention that out of all of them MBZ had he least wiggle room even when they would negotiate (which was rare). He said 9/10 of the AMG customers would just pay the MSRP cash and be done with it, with no attempt at negotiation. Take this with a grain of salt. If I was paying 144k in CASH, I'd still attempt for a better price, even if custom.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I think depending on the vehicle and time of year, you could negotiate a reasonable deal even on mid-range luxury cars. Even with a G63, price it out with the options you want and take it somewhere else to see what they'll do if you finance it for 3 years. Then ask what they'll do if you pay cash. Then run your preferred dealer through the same thing and say, afterward, 'the other shop did $x, but I'd prefer to work with you guys'. See what they'll do. If they aren't willing to work with you, they aren't worth your time or business.

I remember before my mom got her E90 335, she ran the poor sales guy ragged, asking to see several cars with different paint dirty, then asking to have them washed so she could see them clean. She ran numbers across several dealers in the area and ended up getting some ridiculously good deal. Obviously not a G63, but sometimes if you put in some effort you can get a great deal. My mom's point was even if she spends 10 hours, if she saves $5k, she's not making $500 an hour at work. Worth the time? Yep, I'll take the $5k!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Save ur time no way they are giving it to u under MSRP, remember people who pay 130-40-50k plus on a dd don't care about 4-5k extra in the bank (saving under MSRP) also it's a G63 it's pure attitude, style, bad ass luxury u don't by this car becouse u need it u buy it becouse u CAN...............or becouse ur a Russian mob. На здоровье

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would imagine that most of the G63s on new car lots (and there not a lot of them out there) have a several thousand dollar 'Market Adjustment' on top of that new vehicle price (aka, dealership markup). This is just speculation on my end as I have never priced one out. If you are ordering a new vehicle of this caliber, I would imagine you are avoiding this stupid expensive dealer add-on fee? That alone is a savings when dealing with a car that is a super hot item right now.

If you can get Mercedes care out of the deal, or at least added on for a discounted price, I would consider that a great deal.

-Bradley

·
Registered
190 Posts
You're not getting a deal because they can't keep with demand for amg cars the backlog is ridiculous.......last month they were not even taking new orders on them.

They all have the same wiggle room 8% except Porsche which is 13% I believe.

That being said you can always get a deal.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx for the feedback. Really looking for actual buyers that have already made the purchase. Not that I don't appreciate opinions and not that it's not valid information, but for those of you who have already made the purchase, it's more reliable.

On another site, I was able to find someone who just made the purchase based on an order and realized a 3% off MSRP

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the order!
I picked up my 2014 G63 a month ago. Ordered it back in May. No deposit and got $1,500 off MSRP.
Another friend of mine managed to get $5,000 off on paper BUT that dealership could not get a car for him from another dealership (as of today). If he gets the deal AND the car that would be great.

This is my 3rd G and except for the current one I always paid MSRP because I would have custom options on it (specific stitching, color combo etc.)

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is coming from someone who just cancelled a e63s wagon that was ordered when it was released in Canada because they can't get them. Yes we got a deal but that's because of knowing the dealer on a very personal level. Good luck getting any deal off any AMG's right now unless you're someone that's has history with the dealer. They just can't make the amg's enough right now

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KA3AX. Glad to hear you were able to save some dollars of MSRP, at the end of the day, I'll obviously still be happy with the purchase if I end up paying full MSRP. I'm thinking of a back up plan with placing a second order with another dealer because I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling with the decker I have the order placed. I'd feel more comfortable of they took a deposit and we could agree on a price now, even it it's full MSRP. I'd hate to have my special order G63 come on and the dealer play hard ball with me by asking over MSRP, I've heard that happen as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts