Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I too am on the fence, we have had a few in here lately and currently working on a 2009 in white. Driving the truck makes you feel like a gangsta and is certainly solid as can be. Good power and comfortable. It does have strange steering though, almost like a sticky spot when you first turn RT or LT....

Overall I think I may like one as daily driver..

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Love it my great interior in a beefy 4x4 SUV with power and room whats not to love. It seams to be a complete love hate for most people!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
My Fav SUV, and my next SUV. Interesting side note.

The G Class was designed for the King of IRAN.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The new G Wagen has more juice (500 HP) and more torque, its a stiff ride but the car is monster. It's also surprisingly quick for 5700lb truck.

Oh and the gas mileage is horrendous.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not a G55, but my buddy got a G500 a few months ago (back in March) that I found for him. Luckily got it CPO, he's had a good amount of small issues that makes him not "love" it. Stuff like the window motors going bad, little electronic issues here and there, etc.

He said he gets all kinds of looks though, and there isn't one day where somebody doesn't come up and say something about it.

I really like it though (but don't have to deal with any of the issues :))

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You may also want to check out the G550, huge improvement over the G500, the engine just suits the car so well and the ride isn't as stiff as the G55, would make a great daily driver.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
the thought has crossed my mind...there is a rentech one down your way i may need you to go look at for me
I do a lot of business with them but a lot of their stuff is consigment from the old stores customers that closed down. They want a LOT and I mean a LOT for there stuff. That being said I can check it out anytime they are not to far from my house. PS renntech g55 = HOTNESS!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
2010 Range Rover has a new engine you should consider with over 500 HP on the supercharged model, and new plusher interior. Personally my favorite vehicle, but I have never been in a G.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
2 tone it like the dually and trailer, that scheme on a G55 would be saweet!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have owned a G500 4dr/G500 2dr/G55 Kompressor (different world than NA). IMO, the G55 was too much. It was too fast, turn in was too quick, and ride was too stiff for being as tall as it is. The brakes were also way too sensitive. All in all, it wasn't what I wanted out of a daily. That being said, they're still the baddest looking trucks out there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Funny that you mention the G55 and H2. I currently have a 2006 H2 I bought new. It went straight to SP Engineering in LA, they had worked on my old Murcielago and did a fantastic job. Installed a SC, intake, exhaust, headers, sway bars, Brembo GT brakes, carbon interior, lit door sills, billet exterior pieces and 20" forged Weld Racing wheels. I've driven the hell out of the vehicle and it has yet to give me any issues. I also tow a boat with it, and can honestly say it's the best vehicle I've owned that does what it is supposed to do.

And yes, the mileage sucks ass, but the ride is great and people tend to move out of your way when they see you coming.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts