Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JeepWranLim.jpg

So....after 7500 miles, a new set of Hankook mud tires, a brand new sound system, and two break-downs I traded my brand new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for--yes I did--a 2006 FX45.

Luxury4PlayI.jpg

...And what was the first thing I did? Took it off-roading. Not just some mud puddle on the side of the road but Stoney Lonesome state park in Cullman, AL. where they hold the Jeep Jamboree every year. The FX handled all except the most extreme trails, which I didn't attempt anyway. Nevertheless, it speaks volumes coming from a guy who is an avid ex-Jeep owner. Looking forward to being a member on this site.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have a couple hard core jeep friends, but I'd take an Infinity over a jeep any day!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. After owning two Jeeps I got tired of the whole lifestyle onto itself. The main reason why I switched was I got really, really tired of worrying about constantly buying upgrades--bigger this and stronger that--in order to enjoy some hardcore off-roading, as well as having to fix whatever body damage, which I wasn't about to go through with the newest Jeep. I also got tired of the wind noise on my 12' Unlimited. I also had a two door 07' Sahara that was great on the highway but horrible for road trips with the family.

With more and more off-road parks being closed and accessible land being developed or blocked off it became a pain to drive over 50 miles just to get a decent off-road experience. So, off-roading trips got fewer and fewer and far between. And I will NEVER become one of those mall rat guys that drives around in a fully off-road capable rig that almost never touches any dirt. It would be like commuting to work everyday in an ambulance or a fire engine and never using it for what it was intended to do.

I also got tired of dealing with taking the hard top off and on and trying to store it without scratching it up. Yeah, yeah--hardcore enthusiasts will say 'you should have gotten a soft top' but it's too flimsy and the road noise is ridiculous for daily commutes. I also have an 02 Acura CL-S, so I wanted an SUV/crossover with the right amount of sports car-like appeal yet enough SUV-like application so I could do a little off-roading, visit family up in Ohio and Virginia during the winters, haul the family around and haul my military gear when I go to drill yet hit 145mph every now and then when the wife isn't on board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts