Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom forwarded me this one:

Rover's revenge: Furious driver dumps his £50,000 Range Rover outside showroom... emblazoned with a list of its 'faults' | Mail Online

It is not the best advertisement to have outside your car dealership.

This Range Rover Sport HSE is convincingly decorated like a ‘manager’s special offer’, but it promotes a set of features that are far from appealing.

The owner has daubed it with a catalogue of the faults it allegedly suffered after he bought it for £50,000 at Lookers Land Rover showroom in Colchester, Essex.

When the dealership failed to deal with his complaints to his satisfaction, he parked the negative advertising outside.

As the vehicle is on a public road, the showroom has no power to move it. Staff refused to reveal the owner’s identity.

Large yellow vinyl letters along one side of the car read: ‘If you want trouble free motoring do not buy one of these!!!’

On the side and rear windows it lists: ‘Problems with . . . 6 front ball joints, 4 front arm bushes, new seat base, front and rear n/s [nearside] struts, full n/s suspension unit, anti-roll bar bushes, air con.’

A passer-by said: ‘It looks really realistic until you actually read what the words say. Then it’s obvious someone has put it there to have a dig at the dealership. It’s a brilliant idea.’

Mark Foster of Jaguar Land Rover said: ‘Land Rover operates a comprehensive warranty programme and a strong goodwill policy.

'All necessary repairs to this vehicle over 42,000 miles have been carried out under warranty.

'However, we are disappointed this customer’s experience has been unfortunate and as such we have made a goodwill offer towards helping him into a new vehicle.’

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
at least it got him a new car!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did the same thing to my Chevy suburban and after 1 week ,I was able to get all my money back from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have to admit though RR are one of the most comfortable cars I've ever sat in...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i drove in a brand new RR a couple weeks back and indeed it's comfortable, but when I read article after article about maintenance issues, I wonder why people go for the aesthetic over the practical. Additionally, when Forbes magazines nails your car as a bad purchase, I'd take note..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i drove in a brand new RR a couple weeks back and indeed it's comfortable, but when I read article after article about maintenance issues, I wonder why people go for the aesthetic over the practical. Additionally, when Forbes magazines nails your car as a bad purchase, I'd take note..
agreed I prefer a cayenne over a RR

·
Lead Admin
7,619 Posts
Had an 04 HSE and the air ride, alt, and a buncha other little things went in the 6 months I had it so I dumped it and got the SRT8

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
We had a client once drive his Honda Pilot up and down a busy street here,with large magnets advertising his anger with the Sales department.

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
We are in the same position.. RR Supercharged.. So shitty.....

Only downside is that its hard to find a luxury SUV in that size now a days. Cayanne is too small for our needs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
LR's are just one of those cars.

Beautiful, magnificent to drive.
PIA to keep running.

Part of the charm for some people.

Others, not so much...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts