Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I ordered this back in April and I haven't been able to use it much. There is no point in having it sit around when someone else could get better use of it. Functions perfectly, and physical condition is near perfect (a few MINOR scratches on case if you look closely enough).

Spec Highlights:
Running Mac OSX
16GB Solid State Hard drive
Black case
Built in web cam
2GB Ram
Charger Included

Price: $300 + shipping (Paypal fees: 2.9% additional) SOLD
Ships from: Austin, TX 78703

The confusing stuff:

Inspiron 910 Intel Atom processor N270, 1.6GHz, 533Mhz512K L2 Cache
Obsidian Black Color with Gloss Finish
2GB,DDR2,533MHz,1 Dimm
8.9 inch Wide Screen WSVGA TL
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
16GB Solid State Drive (mini-card Module/PATA)
Base LCD Assembly
Wireless 802.11g Mini Card
Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
32WHr 4-cell Battery

Pictures:

· Registered
236 Posts
Hey.. Sorry I am new to this so I might ask a few stupid questions... But I am interested !

The 16gb solid state drive... Can this be upgraded to a larger drive... How much is that and what kind do I buy ?
Can the drive be an additional drive instead of a replacement
Does it come with any DVDs... ie software for the OS and so on..
How much free space is left on the drive and what is installed other than the OS ?

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey.. Sorry I am new to this so I might ask a few stupid questions... But I am interested !

The 16gb solid state drive... Can this be upgraded to a larger drive... How much is that and what kind do I buy ?
Can the drive be an additional drive instead of a replacement
Does it come with any DVDs... ie software for the OS and so on..
How much free space is left on the drive and what is installed other than the OS ?

To answer your questions:

1. The solid state hard drive is upgradeable to I believe a 32GB and 64GB hard drive. This article would be of use for that: How to upgrade the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 SSD

2. I don't believe there are slots for additional internal hard drives, and thus it would have to be a replacement.

3. The Mac OSX software CD does not come with it as it did not come standard on the laptop. It originally came with Linux.

4. Free space: I believe Mac OSX takes up about 8GB of space. Other software currently on it are the basic Mac OSX programs.

· Registered
236 Posts
OK thanks for the responses... Let me ask a couple of more Stupid questions... What if I replace the hard drive.. where would I get the OS to re-install ?
Does it function just like a Mac ?
Do you have the original software that came with it ?

· Registered
2,856 Posts
It would not function just like a Mac for the obvious reason of it has a right click mouse key! :D That and it doesn't have the "Apple" key that Macs have. From what I've seen playing with one of these though they do function a lot like a Mac.

· Registered
773 Posts
OK thanks for the responses... Let me ask a couple of more Stupid questions... What if I replace the hard drive.. where would I get the OS to re-install ?
Does it function just like a Mac ?
Do you have the original software that came with it ?
the highest without modifications is a 64gb, and you would have to reinstall osx, and either you needed a cracked osx software or the actual retail dvd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.