Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a six week old 84" LG TV for sale it comes with all accessories including table stand and manual as well as the original box and packaging. I bought it to test a few things out and now I don't need it. Its an awesome TV and has possibly the best 3D I've ever seen. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

$10,500 FIRM.

LG 84LM9600: 84 inch LED TV with 4K Resolution, Cinema 3D & Smart TV | LG USA

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I have been looking at the Sony 4K one. Let me ask you, when do you see the full benefit of the 4k? When you are watching HD Direct TV, its only 1080p, no? Only Blu-Ray can give the 4k?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been looking at the Sony 4K one. Let me ask you, when do you see the full benefit of the 4k? When you are watching HD Direct TV, its only 1080p, no? Only Blu-Ray can give the 4k?
The Sony one is actually made by LG its the same panel. I have a Onkyo receiver with a 4K processor that upscales everything to 4K and in reality its looks really good but in a couple months Sony is releasing a 4K media server thats similar in function to Apple TV for $699. Its really an awesome TV 4K will be here sooner then people think. Even with the 1080P from blurry its noticeably better because you can't see the pixel structure. Even standing a couple feet in front of it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something i've forgot to mention this thing works awesome as a computer monitor. I've used my comp at full res on this thing and its soooo sharp. I've also watched a few 4K res youtube videos in its original setting and its just something you have to see for yourself.

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
Nice setup. GLWs

·
Registered
349 Posts
Damn TV's are cheap. Anyone else old enough to have bought a 42" plasma in the 90's for 20k like me?

4k? 6k? 1080p eventually you guys and gals will be lucky to see the numbers on your phone to dial :)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
That's crazy good quality. For watching TV/BluRays, I assume you can't take advantage of the 4k as those sources are only 1080i/p, correct?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's crazy good quality. For watching TV/BluRays, I assume you can't take advantage of the 4k as those sources are only 1080i/p, correct?
All sources are upcoverted to 4K (2160p) except when I use my PC as a 4K monitor and watch 4K youtube clips.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts