Luxury4Play.com banner

FS: [Google] Glass Developer Kit (GDK) Allocation - only valid for 7 days; (MAKE OFFER)

430 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  H J 
#1 ·
I have been allotted two allocations for GDK's, and will only be using one of those allocations for development. If anyone wants the newest Google Glass product, this code will allow them to purchase the product under their own Google account, with discretion of color/etc.

The code is valid for 7 days, beginning on 12/3/2013--if the code isn't purchased within 7 days, I will use to code to buy an additional set of Google Glass and possibly post the product, itself, for sale.

Reasonable offers are accepted; however offers must be in-line with market value. Thanks, in advance.

#3 · (Edited)
To anyone wanting to take this offer up, you must recognize it costs 1500$ for Glass through the explore program.

I used them while I was a software engineer intern at DIRECTV. I didn't extensively use Glass but from my experiences, it wasn't ready to be a consumer product yet, which explains why they are doing this testing phase. I don't think the product is worth the $1500 just to say you were a part of the beta test. IIRC prices should be around 200-300$ for the end user when the product is released and only at that price point would I actually consider it. What I did like about the product is the GPS functionality and easy of taking photos and video. Using the camera was a little awkward(more so just felt different?) at first but I quickly got the hang of it and it seems very practical not to need to take out a physical device and thus can be completely hands free. I'm a social person but because of glass' rarity atm, it brings a lot of attention to you whether it is in the form of getting stopped to answer questions or just getting stared at. Too much attention for me but I am sure others will have no problem with. I definitely see this being very successful/popular for people with strong social media presence like youtubers. I am not participating in the program because they don't offer prescription(glass is currently lens less) aswell as from my past experience. It is cool tech but still needs improvements none the less.

Found a pic of myself w/it:

#4 ·
If anyone wants the newest Google Glass product, this code will allow them to purchase the product under their own Google account, with discretion of color/etc.
To anyone wanting to take this offer up, you must recognize it costs 1500$ for Glass through the explore program.

I used them while I was a software engineer intern at DIRECTV. I didn't extensively use Glass but from my experiences, it wasn't ready to be a consumer product yet, which explains why they are doing this testing phase. I don't think the product is worth the $1500 just to say you were a part of the beta test. IIRC prices should be around 200-300$ for the end user when the product is released and only at that price point would I actually consider it. What I did like about the product is the GPS functionality and easy of taking photos and video. Using the camera was a little awkward(more so just felt different?) at first but I quickly got the hang of it and it seems very practical not to need to take out a physical device and thus can be completely hands free. I'm a social person but because of glass' rarity atm, it brings a lot of attention to you whether it is in the form of getting stopped to answer questions or just getting stared at. Too much attention for me but I am sure others will have no problem with. I definitely see this being very successful/popular for people with strong social media presence like youtubers. I am not participating in the program because they don't offer prescription(glass is currently lens less) aswell as from my past experience. It is cool tech but still needs improvements none the less.
I've worked with Glass but not yet to the extent that I intend to. What seems like common knowledge (buy GDK, only if you're a developer), people ignore, then end up questioning their purchase. You hit on a few key points, one being lack of refinement--the entire reason why Glass has been allotted to more developers than originally intended. Buyers that see the GDK as a polished, consumer product shouldn't be shocked when they are confined to photo-taking, performing searches, etc.--the basics, in terms of potential. Cost versus value is hard to determine, unless one is using the GDK for its intention, which is to actually tread into development.

#5 ·
You make great points that even I forget to mention when talking about the GDK. I have a few friends who have bought the GDK just because they have the funds not because they are genuinely interested in developing for Glass. I have an application I'm working on for android and if the concept proves successful I think it would be beneficial to bring to the Glass platform. With that said, it would be more beneficial for me to buy Glass down the line rather than now since the application is still in its infancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.