Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breitling Chrono Cockpit A13357 Steel Automatic Men's Watch Box Papers | eBay

Friend is looking to buy a $2500 to $3000 watch for her husband as a gift for opening his own agency. Problem is, she doesn't know anything about watches. She sent me this asking for my opinion. What do you guys think? Anything else you would recommend as strictly arm candy/nice watch for a guy who doesn't know anything about watches to wear in front of a bunch of other dudes that don't know anything about watches?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thats on the smaller side for a breitling. For that price Im sure you can find a 48mm Breitling Super Avenger with the quintessential blue face with white sub dials. This is the typical dude watch that serves as arm candy.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Oh and if she's buying online/ebay, make sure to really check out the seller and make sure you/she doesn't get scammed!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Very cool find and seller has a great rating I'd go for it. Unless the guy is a body builder 39mm will look great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stryke is a site sponsor and has good deals on all sorts of watches, he had this one up a while back

http://www.luxury4play.com/watches/...tion-a13362-blue-metalic-dial-box-papers.html

[email protected]
Oddly enough I had to create an account here (forever been a lurker lol) because of Strykes posts, his GT post had me interested. He seems to have decent deals, has anyone had a purchasing expierence with him? I know he is an advertiser here, was just curious.

As for the cockpit post its a nice watch, not that large of a face by Breitling standards but still big enough to look nice on a guys wrist. And for the price as his BIN seems very reasonable (also allows best offer which is very nice) Maybe submit an offer she is comfortable with, if he declines it might open up a line of communication to work something out on the price. Just always, always be careful buying highend watches online, [some] jewelers are known to sell fakes both by accident and knowingly.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I wouldn´t buy a Breitling in size 39, like the one on ebay, if it´s the only Breitling you own.

It really looks much much smaller when you have it on your wrist, have a look at my Breitling Colt 39:

10435831_670322083038334_7459562302417947801_n.jpg

For me the size 39 is a nice enlargement to the collection, but there are occasions where you just want to show what you got :bow1:

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wouldn´t buy a Breitling in size 39, like the one on ebay, if it´s the only Breitling you own.

It really looks much much smaller when you have it on your wrist, have a look at my Breitling Colt 39:

View attachment 132609

For me the size 39 is a nice enlargement to the collection, but there are occasions where you just want to show what you got :bow1:
Depends on the size of your wrist, I have a very small wrist and my super ocean looks big.

·
Registered
641 Posts
+1. I have skinny wrists, can't rock PAM looks like a giant appendage. Even my 42 mm IWC was pushing it. GMT 2 black/blue is perfect size.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wouldn't mind selling my super ocean.... I bought it from FEAR..
It's funny. I was thinking about the chrono superocean as a good suggestion. I would definitely recommend this watch over a 39mm cockpit. Also, the styling of your watch is more contemporary. The cockpit looks a little dated to me.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's funny. I was thinking about the chrono superocean as a good suggestion. I would definitely recommend this watch over a 39mm cockpit. Also, the styling of your watch is more contemporary. The cockpit looks a little dated to me.
Mines in great condition.. :whistle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts