Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some time off yesterday and bought myself a 10 set watch box. Seeing as I still had space to fill I thought I'd go do some watch shopping and 4 particular pieces stood out to me during my search.

1. Cartier Calibre Stainless
Cartier-Calibre-watch-bracelet-5.jpg
2. Franck Muller TT TT Grand Prix
IMG_0331(1).jpg
3. Graham (forgot the model name)
IMG_0330(1).jpg
4. Rolex Sea Dweller
rolex-sea-dweller-16600.jpg

I am primarily looking at the Franck Muller piece which is a limited edition (100) made specifically for the U.S. only. I was hoping to get some thoughts on this piece and what would one think of it's value a few years down the road.

Also any input on both the Cartier and Graham will be appreciated as well. I have never heard of Graham, but the sales rep said they have been around for a long time, and that they were famous for their stop watch function for pilots.

·
Registered
478 Posts
knowing what else is in your collection would help, but I would go for the muller. I personal hate how the calibre wears, not a fan of the graham and i really like the new SD, but its an extremely common looking rolex (I am personally looking at the new SD or Sub. Super Classic). so in order for me it would be Muller, SD, Calibre, Graham. Just an opinion!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I like the calibre alot, but I think I like it better on a strap

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Rolex or FM. I would totally discount Cartier/Graham from the choices. Rolex holds value well. FM is more of a "trend" piece, with less horological history; they were hot five years ago, but there's no way to determine when/if values will fall off exponentially. Buying second-hand would solve a lot of the depreciation worry.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm personally a fan of the Calibre and the SD. Graham has never really done anything for me and I'm not a big fan of the case shape for the FM. But the FM would be a much less common piece that you wouldn't likely see around often so there is that.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all to comments. As time has gone by since I originally looked at the watches, particularly the FM, I'm not as urgent as I was to purchase a new piece. Maybe because I was excited I had obtained a new watch box and found a great reason to buy another watch, but like I said I guess my urge has settled do down so I am in no rush to make a decision.

Originally I told the AD To hold the FM for me because I was planning on returning Monday to purchase the FM, though during that time I wanted some input from the 4. Now, i probably will take my time and do some research on those pieces along with others and let the AD know to put the FM back into display.

But yes, I am liking the SD quite a bit but it does seem a bit "mundane" for what it is though it will probably hold it's value the best. Cartier is still a toss up, as well as the FM. Graham is probably out of the running and I already have 2 PAMs now so I will hold off on them. I'm probably going to look into AP since they seem like very unique pieces. I like their presence as well.

As time goes on I will fill everyone in. Any other suggestions or advice is always welcomed and appreciated. Just looking to add stuff to the collection so price is probably something 30k and lower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts