Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a college student with absolutely no income but a small allowance, I've been looking at Fossil watches to replace my Raymond Weil watch which I'm very sure was stolen. They're fairly cheap, and they look pretty nice. So I won't have to worry about it getting beat up, but I can still wear out to nice places. What do you all think about their watches? I'd love to get a second opinion from all of you.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Fossil has some nice designs.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I used to buy Fossils & they served me well. Now they've got some larger case designs too...

·
Registered
156 Posts
i currently have 3 in circulation, as a collage student as well i understand your financial restraints. they are solid for the price all mine are around 120 a piece. i would just stay away from the self winding watches i had one that broke in about 2months and you could hear something rattling around in the case. took it back got the same one and this time it took 4months for the same thing to happen. it still keeps time but annoys me to no end every time i move my wrist. then again that was two years ago and it was one of there first self winding watches, so they probably have it locked down by now.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have any other suggestions for 40-45mm watches for around under $200?>

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
g shock.
my dad gave us (me and my brother) two as presents when we were 15. we still own them..and they still work. go figure almost 15 years later.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You could probably get a nice Orient in that price range which would have some good features. Alpha's too, not as nice as the Orient's IMO, but would get you the look you are looking for for cheaper.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
I like Nixon and Festina for that price range. I've owned both, the Festina I bought when

When I was like 15 and that is when I fell in love with watches.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Being a college student myself I feel your $$ pains... I saved a few pennies and shopped wisely and picked up a Sonbol doobie timer for a steal... worth it imo.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Best quality and still cool, casio gshock. As a guy who has many watches in all ranges, I believe the gshock is the best to beat around with and people still ask about it more than one of my daytonas. It's also dirt cheap...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
218 Posts
If your on a tight budget, snag a Fossil. The men's sport and trend stuff is getting better and the size and colorways are always current with the latest trends. I always hear stories from friends and family about their fossil watches that have lasted forever, but i'm sure you don't plan on keeping it forever. They will be introducing some nice ceramics soon for men's that will be at a really great price point.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have several Fossils and they have never given me any issues. Ive been very happy with them. For the price, I feel they are one of the best bang for buck watches you can buy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts