Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still no release date, other then 2011 but some hi res photos and videos (including kinnect) are starting to be released. Very cool to steer with hands if you ask me. My understanding is you'll be able to use wheel and controller too.

Forza Motorsport 4 on IGN

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
if they can marry all of that with the steering wheel.. like the movement of your head while you use the steering it would be great... :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Holy crap, I haven't been following this release at all. Are those seriously screen shots, or bull shots?

EDIT: Just checked IGN and those images are listed as artwork, so I guess they're not really screen shots.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Cant wait!!!!

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
I thought they were real pictures haha, can't wait! I'm hoping they come out with a new Test Drive. I've never liked PGR that much, and Forza 3 is stressful... but this one looks AWESOME!

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought they were real pictures haha, can't wait! I'm hoping they come out with a new Test Drive. I've never liked PGR that much, and Forza 3 is stressful... but this one looks AWESOME!

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors
Test Drive Unlimited 2 comes out Feb. 8th and is shaping up to be everything I've been waiting for.

Very much looking forward to the release of Forza 4 aswell.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I don't think these represent anything close to actual gameplay but cool nonetheless. The kinect functionality is little more than a gimmick. It's tiring after a few moments of holding your hands up and there is no control of braking or acceleration. It will only be used in certain challenges like passing challenges as demoed at e3 earlier this year. Anyone that really wants to get the full expeience should use a wheel like the fanatec turbo s or their new carerra model.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
graphics are unreal! how will the shifting work with kinect?

·
Registered
156 Posts
A new test drive unlimited and forza 4 in the same year will be epic!

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Test Drive Unlimited 2 comes out Feb. 8th and is shaping up to be everything I've been waiting for.

Very much looking forward to the release of Forza 4 aswell.
I can personally tell you TDU 2 is very fun and is worth the money.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
As much as I want to buy into Gran Turismo 5 and the PS3, I love my xbox too much and I love my Forza. I love the gameplay and the tuning capabilities in Forza as far as aero kits and add ons go. I will give PS props on their graphics and I don't think Forza will be able to compete with it but the gameplay is just too much fun. Still play FM3 daily. Can't wait for TDU2 as well!

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As much as I want to buy into Gran Turismo 5 and the PS3, I love my xbox too much and I love my Forza. I love the gameplay and the tuning capabilities in Forza as far as aero kits and add ons go. I will give PS props on their graphics and I don't think Forza will be able to compete with it but the gameplay is just too much fun. Still play FM3 daily. Can't wait for TDU2 as well!
IMO, Gran Turismo does have good graphics, but only on a 1/4 of the cars. If you look at standard cars, specially in the used car lot, you can see the corners aren't round, the overall car looks computer generated and there isnt even a dash view. This is partially due to the fact they lifted the majority of GT5 cars from GT4 (which was forever ago). Everytime I pop in GT5 it makes me mad that it took 4 years to produce such a poor game. It's pretty much GT4 with add on cars (which FM3 does through the marketplace). As far as those renderings go, they are perfect and FM4 probably wont reflect that good of graphics. Buuuuut if you watch the video, which is 'gameplay' you can see while he's demoing the car look around, the graphics are still very impressive. Saying i'm excited for this game is an understatement. I hope it doesn't take long though because the older I get, the less time I have for video games. With that being said, i'm off to write papers for Poli Sci. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 188 Posts