Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
1200hp is too much for drifting.... I remember back in the old D1 days when Kuroi (RIP) ran 680hp RB26 in his s13 and the judges called him crazy and said he was suicidal

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The funny thing is, so many people think you need bonkers power to drift, not the case at all. Ryan's SR20 S13 is running on wastegate boost only and doesn't make crazy numbers in the slightest. It's all about angle and pedal work!
:wink:

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
The funny thing is, so many people think you need bonkers power to drift, not the case at all. Ryan's SR20 S13 is running on wastegate boost only and doesn't make crazy numbers in the slightest. It's all about angle and pedal work!
:wink:
again, yepp ;) Katsuhiro Ueo won the 2002 D1 title in his 180hp AE86 beating NOB's 500hp S15, Imamura's 500 hp FD and so on.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I used to hang out with some of those guys, had a buddy who looked just like him but was a bodybuilder. Vaughn and the other east coasters would call him super tuerck. super sick awesome dudes.

yeah drifting takes a huge level of skill. When you can control a car with as much precision as these drivers do, well you cant or you would be driving race cars for a living...

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Ryan finished 3rd at Irwindale last weekend and 5th overall for the season. I'm sure there will be a rad video soon to follow.

In the meantime, Professor Tuerck getting tenure in tire melting and having his face melted in an F16...:D

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
My homie RT gettin' his Top Gun on in an F16 after winning the Drift Into the Blue competition...

At SEMA where a burnout contest turned into an impromptu drift demo...

And finally a rad vid by YAER prodcutions of the final FD event at Irwindale...

41 - 60 of 147 Posts