Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And now for a slight change of pace. There are a lot of purists who scoff at the idea of drifting as racing. I am not one of them. Drifting is much more than breaking traction and smoking tires. Perhaps drifting's youth culture belies the skill it actually takes to competitively drift. Anyway, my homie Ryan Tuerck is a Formula D driver, and he's doing very well this season.

Formula DRIFT - Drivers - Ryan Tuerck

Yup, this is absolutely a shameless plug for him. He's the man and can drive like nobody's business. That being said, he is also an official [Hoonigan] and Drift Alliance member so his videos are always fun to watch. What's even more rad is how competitive he is this year in a car that has much less backing than the big names at the head of the pack. Be entertained:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Love these videos and the skill involved in driving this style of racing :) Keep 'em coming! :D

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ryan is shooting a couple more rad ones this weekend at Englishtown (weather permitting). One of them is gonna be absolutely bananas; I helped him prep the car for it but I promised not to tell anyone haha!
:clap:

·
5,744 Posts
The 1JZ is one of 3 that he owns, I think the 1JZ is his driver when he's not racing. The race car has some kind of V8 in it, but I'm curious as to what it is exactly.

-Markus-

·
5,744 Posts
That's one healthy LS3. I have a soft spot for these guys who stuff the muscle in these light drift cars. So something I would do.

-Markus-

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's one healthy LS3. I have a soft spot for these guys who stuff the muscle in these light drift cars. So something I would do.

-Markus-
While my user name might suggest otherwise, I think those are pretty awesome set-ups too. The fact is, there's really no arguing with the immediate torque of displacement. A couple of the Japanese guys still run turbo sixes, but for the most part, the majority of the competitive cars are some variety of V8 swap. Check this out:

Ryan Kick ASS!!! I have mad respect for him. :)
Awesome, me too, he's a super legit dude!

im a big drift nut, Vaugh Gittin Jr. is my fav driver
Cool! Ryan and JR are good buddies, they drive together for all the Drift Alliance videos.

Gettin' weird in Jersey...:lol:

VIDEO DUMP: The 2012 East Coast Bash Collection | Hoonigan

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That is pretty funny... the IC does look like it took a hit though and is not the way it was prior to "dismount" LOL

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ya that works as long as you don't create a boost leak in the piping :p LOL!

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the main thing holding him "back" at this point. Compared to the other big factory-backed teams, Ryan's car has a fraction of the budget. He drove for Mobil and Redbull last year, but he didn't see eye-to-eye with the team owner. Gotta respect him for doing this because he loves it and not for the money.

On a side note, check this out: potential intro for the upcoming Formula Drift TV show on NBC Sports this fall!

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I miss the old D1 days of 1999 - 2004 :(

1 - 20 of 147 Posts