Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
5,744 Posts
Supply and demand. Figures I saw in 2010 on one of the ford gt forums, were 10-12% had been wrecked, of the 4k produced. A lot of story cars out there, repainted, salvaged, etc. Good examples are becoming hard to find, and owners know that. If your friend wants one, I'd jump in now.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
They have had that car for ages now. I've seen it in person and its clean but they always ask top dollar or more for everything they have. Lots of there biz is overseas.

Ferrari FT Lauderdale typically has one or two, they had a twin turbo for 200 if I recall a month or two ago.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think MSRP new was ~$150k, and sale price for them has been rising steadily ever since.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Seems like the GT has always been an expensive car. Remember when it was released? Dealers were posting ridiculous markups and people were paying it because of the limited availability; it was a $140,000 car but you could easily pay 50% more.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Ford GTs are great investments and they will continue rising. I know a few guys that bought multiple ones and are storing them to sell in a few years. Check out Chicago Motors they have a few good ones.

·
Registered
498 Posts
As mentioned already, prices will be going alot higher. If I could choose two "modern" cars to hold on to as investments for the future, it would be a FGT and MBZ SLR mclaren

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
From what I hear the 2 cars that will be sky rocketing are FGT and CGT.

Reactions: chidoks

·
Registered
498 Posts
Definitely CGT too, looks like it's got the lowest production numbers out of the other two as well. From least # produced to greatest: CGT, SLR, FGT

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Yes, CGT and FGT are both appreciating. The Challenge Stradale is slowly increasing as well, I think they've been going up around 10% a year over the past 2-3 years. I think it will be crazy in like 10-15 years when the manual gearboxes have all disappeared how many cars will begin to appreciate (IMO).

But the FGT is a fantastic car, your friend should definitely pick one up. A guy here in Wisconsin has (had?) two Gulf Heritage FGTs, drove one and stored the other one with almost no miles on it. Not sure if he still has them on it.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think MSRP new was ~$150k, and sale price for them has been rising steadily ever since.
Sound about right. People were a bit outraged when the 'Stealer-ships' added a 25K mark-up... and they still sold. *edit* wrong production#. 4038 were produced; funny I thought it was around 700. my bad.
There was rumor they may start again but nothing confirmed as far as I know.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Every time I've heard about people wanting to buy FGT's in the US they have always been refered to Elite Autos. They are the nr.1 FGT dealer in the country and everytime someone buys from them they confirm what everyone else has said, that they are the best. fordgtforum is also a great site with tons of FGT nuts. :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
It's pretty cool to see that there are cars recently made that will be true collectors items in the future.

...seems like those days are numbered.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Could you imagine if they brought it back with some crazy high performance tuned eco-boost engine set up? I know it isn't original but I think turbo tuning would be amazing. Let Roush take a crack at the tuning.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was always a die hard lambo/Ferrari fan until i finally had the chance to get into a fordgt. The build quality in my opinion is just better than the older lambo's/ 360 and 430 ferraris that i have been in. As soon as i sat into the drivers seat i just felt the amazing build quality. The wheel and seat just feel better in my opinion. Ford GT is on my dream list of cars after just one ride.

Backing up was a bit of a pain but ill get over it haha

·
Registered
233 Posts
Give Shelby at Elite Autos a call. I have purchased and sold a few GTs through him.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
My Friends Dad bought an FGT back in 07 for 123k....now it's easily worth 60k more...Hard to get a turnaround like that on anything let alone a car

1 - 20 of 26 Posts