Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only ever seen it done once (Cyrus on here, twin rotrex supercharged DBS) and have never heard what came of the project. I have discussed it at length with BBI Autosport a long time ago, and at that time decided NA was fine, but the desire has come again. I have been extensively warned about being a guinea pig for such a project, but as no one else is doing it I want to see what the possibilities are. If anyone could recommend some top tuning companies in North America that you believe would be able to undertake a project of this scale that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, I look forward to seeing your suggestions.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Call UGR, Dallas performance, and some of those TT guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the suggestions, I think I'm going to start calling around to all those places today. I think I also found a place that specializes in duratec engines, which really is pretty close what it is. They do 3.5L and 4L stroker/bored blocks... A 7 or 8 litre V12 might be an interesting proposition :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'd be sending UGR the car in a heartbeat... but you'd need to throw up some big capital for that. And obviously they would need to see a market as well to prototype the AM kit (unless it'd be a 1/1 kit)

Always loved the thought of a V8/V12V turbo.

Hope you get it completed!

·
Registered
848 Posts
UGR would be the way to go for sure. But being a prototype with lost of custom fab and dyno time and everything else, expect the FI build to cost as much as the car itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be sending UGR the car in a heartbeat... but you'd need to throw up some big capital for that. And obviously they would need to see a market as well to prototype the AM kit (unless it'd be a 1/1 kit)

Always loved the thought of a V8/V12V turbo.

Hope you get it completed!
UGR would be the way to go for sure. But being a prototype with lost of custom fab and dyno time and everything else, expect the FI build to cost as much as the car itself.
Judging from the time it will most likely take, I wouldn't expect anything less than 6-12 months, I might just have to pick up a second one while the first is in the shop! :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Judging from the time it will most likely take, I wouldn't expect anything less than 6-12 months, I might just have to pick up a second one while the first is in the shop! :)
Ask for a deal if you do two cars :lol:

In all seriousness though, this would be pretty awesome. Keep us updated on this project if you go forward with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts