Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm curious if any members own TNT watches and what their opinions are... I searched for Forasec and TNT...came up empty.

Here are the specs:

Specifications:

- Case Material: Stainless steel 316L, coin-edge design with fixed lugs
- Diameter : 43 mm without crown, height 16,1mm, lug to lug 54-55 mm (to be confirmed after sample test)
-Bottom : Stainless steel, screwed with display to see the movement
-Water resistance: 10 ATM (Suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports)
- Movement: Hand-wound Valjoux 7734 chronograph, modified to include triple calendar and moon phase function
- Decoration of the movement : Perlage
- Functions: Hour, minute, central second, chronograph, calendar , moon phase
- Limitation: 85 pieces world wide
- Dial : black, blueberry or silver
- Hands: white with brown luminova
- Crystal : 3mm thick Borosilicitate crystal (Pyrex): 8 Mohs hardness (and no easy smudging with fingerprints like on sapphire)
- Strap / Size : Nylon nato type strap (24mm). We investigate leather strap options as optional accessory.
- Warranty: 24 months
- Delivery planned before the end of Q1 2014 (to be confirmed)

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tnt-challenger-black-luna-watch-something-old-something-new-something-awesome/

tnt.JPG

·
10,594 Posts
TNT Watches

I've been keeping my eye on these. I got an email from TNT on this earlier. I've been meaning to contact the owner to tell him I like what he's doing and that a 1-2mm case size increase will result in phenomenal sales. I've just been busy. I love this piece just wish it were bigger. 44mm-46mm=perfection.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That's a very limited production run. Sal, would you expect to see another model run sometime 2014 or are manufacturers like this frequently 'one and done'? I really like this.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on the reservation list and am debating moving forward. I've got a couple of other pieces I'm interested in and I do have a budget... I like the look and have small wrists so 43mm works for me (I bought a 50mm once and it was clown big on my wrist :laugh:). I'm just really curious regarding quality.

·
10,594 Posts
That's a very limited production run. Sal, would you expect to see another model run sometime 2014 or are manufacturers like this frequently 'one and done'? I really like this.
I'm not sure if you mean another run of this model or will they make limited editions of different designs? I can tell you that this is probably the 3rd LE watch they have emailed me about in the last few moths. so it seems that they are cranking out quite distinct and different limited edition watches in rather rapid succession. Now, will they make an additional run of this particular model here? I don't know.

I'm on the reservation list and am debating moving forward. I've got a couple of other pieces I'm interested in and I do have a budget... I like the look and have small wrists so 43mm works for me (I bought a 50mm once and it was clown big on my wrist :laugh:). I'm just really curious regarding quality.
Seems like you get quite a bit for your money. Nice movement with some pretty unique styling. Have never handled one so I can't comment on quality first hand. I wonder what that bezel is made of?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Seems like you get quite a bit for your money. Nice movement with some pretty unique styling. Have never handled one so I can't comment on quality first hand. I wonder what that bezel is made of?
It's made of puppy dreams

1 - 7 of 7 Posts