Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kicking the idea around of selling my vintage red Sub. This particular piece was featured on Hodinkee, then later Valet and all over the internet as being one of the nicest examples of a red Sub in the world.

Letters From The Editor: The Appeal Of Great Patina in The World of VintageRolex - Blog - Hodinkee

Valet. > The Edit > Objectified > Vintage Watch Patina

I have recently had it fully serviced and put it on a beautiful Horween leather NATO strap. I have the correct vintage Rolex bracelet for it as well.

Asking $16,500. If you are looking for a vintage Rolex and like your vintage watches perfectly aged, you will not find a nicer piece.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
665 Posts
Original Papers, Box and Bracelet?

It does have an outstanding Patina, although for $16k its getting close to McQueen Orange Hand Explorer money.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Thanks for posting it here Steve. Truly a beauty.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Original Papers, Box and Bracelet?

It does have an outstanding Patina, although for $16k its getting close to McQueen Orange Hand Explorer money.
No box or papers but I do have the bracelet.

Feel free to make me an offer. I just picked a starting price. It's going to be 5 figures for sure, but I'm open to talking.

Btw, I'd take a nice red Sub over a a 1655 Explorer II any day.

-Steve

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok I decided to refocus on selling this one. Have my eye on something else. It's not the cheapest Red Sub, but it's completely worth it - as nice as they come!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm trying to make a run at another watch and need this gone ASAP. If you have any interest, I'll make you a great deal on it if you can close this week.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Goodluck with sale. My OCD side wouldn't appreciate it. :(
Beautiful watch!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still available. Only listed here and TS. If it doesn't sell soon I'll put it on some of the watch boards.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
will someone here buy this so I don't have to go through the hassle of posting on the Rolex boards?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts