Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Speaking of helicopters...

I'm looking for a tour of downtown Chicago on a helicopter, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Anybody would know, how much would it cost fighting from USA to Brazil? It's about 12 hours from LA to Sao Paulo. But this is flying commercial perhaps flying private might be faster.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Anybody would know, how much would it cost fighting from USA to Brazil? It's about 12 hours from LA to Sao Paulo. But this is flying commercial perhaps flying private might be faster.
PM Sent!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Agreed. That's typically the 'rule of thumb' but it can vary from machine to machine. Charter operators will give you numbers that support chartering 100% of time, and aircraft brokers will give you the same numbers to support buying a machine yourself.

We fly private "semi regularly", however there are times where it just doesn't make economical sense, which we'll then go commercial. My Father flies private most always. You'd sooner meet God himself than find him standing in line waiting for a gate rape from the TSA. He'll go commercial over the pond.

There is nothing in the world that truly justifies the cost. However the quality of life is incomparable. It's truly an earned privilege.
That was one of the most funniest yet balling outta control posts i ever quoted

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Well, I know a lot of the owners.;) I work at a turbine aircraft maintenance shop, so many of big birds and the owners frequently stop by, but I do get shot down a bit. :lol:

Oh and you wont believe who was on that Global...

Chairman of Pepsi herself, and her daughter. Its their private jet...one of a few I assume. They flew in JUST to do a college visit to the campus nearby. :bow:
They came to my wedding. My family and the Nooyis have been friends since before i was born. My mom and indra went to Yale together and are also sorority sisters.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nothing but positive for Netjets. (EDIT: Using the Marquis Jet Card) Been on chartered G4s with them within the country and the service is top notch. For going out of the country, my friend has a G550 in his family they bought it for relatives to use whenever so we use that.
Marquis is incredibly overpriced. You could save 50% with a halfway descent charter broker.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Marquis is incredibly overpriced. You could save 50% with a halfway descent charter broker.
I didn't buy the card originally. My buddy did, I borrowed the jet a few times and reimbursed him for the hours.

The next time, who would you guys recommend to charter with that has Lear Jets and Gulfstreams?

for those of you who fly private... what makes you choose private over commercial?
I fly commercial most of the time, but private because of not having to deal with airport bullshit, TSA, delays, etc. It's infinitely more comfortable, doesn't smell, the food is good, and more convenient to get where you need to go whenever you need to

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have flown private a few times but mostly just for fun to go screw around somewhere...not for business.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts