Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked a new Audi a little under a month ago. I've been out of town so the car has been in the garage. Prior to that, the car spent 2 weeks at the dealer while they fixed a scratch on the front bumper that must have popped up during transit. Finally got a chance to detail it and found these yellow stains on the drivers side upper hood.

I've tried go-gone, claybar, iron x, wd40, and SSR 2.5, but nothing seems to budge it. I'm totally stumped on what could have caused this. The car sits in the garage, is not around pollen, and I don't have a crazy ex-girlfriend who would have drawn on my car.

I'm imagining it's something that happened at the dealer so hopefully they will fix it. In the meantime, has anyone ever seen anything like this?

I've uploaded a bunch of photos here: Paint - Imgur

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is it above or below the clear coat?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it above or below the clear coat?
Given my use of a clay bar and SSR 2.5 which is a rather abrasive compound it's starting to seem like it's below the clear coat. I had a detailer look at it and he said the same thing, thinks it is under the clear coat.

i feel like the dealer is going to give me hell about fixing it, but I find it pretty unacceptable for a brand new car.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had this happen once, it was defective paint from the manufacturer that was used. Same exact thing, it sounds like.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hopefully... the Dealership will swap you into another of your choice GL.:bitenails:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Audi is generally good about stuff like this, if it is indeed a manufacturing flaw. If your dealer isn't helpful, a call/email to Audi of America should do the trick.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer did a touch if wet sanding and it's about 98% improved. I don't think it will get any better without a repaint so I'm satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts