Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants me to buy a Flip HD Video Camera. Anyone have a recommendation. There are lots of versions and such.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got the Flip HD Mini for a 2 month trip to Australia. It gets the job done and definitely served it's purpose for documenting the trip, but it is limited. I wish you could add lenses to it and that it had some manual features. What would you be using it for?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Looked into Flips but I ended up going with a Kodak Zi8 instead.
From reviews I read it had better low light and an external microphone jack.
Not sure if the new Flips have those now or not.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the kodak as well. It works great and serves its purpose as a quick and easy video camera. As stated above these types of cameras have limited features and use (not great zoom and not for low light recording). Overall I'm happy with the quality of the movies and the kodak video editing software. I went with the kodak because it had the same performance but also came with hdmi cable which at the time the flip didn't.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
if you can wait till black shopping day after thanksgiving, almost every single store i have seen will have them on a huge discount.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife wants one for shooting video of our 3 years old. She is smack in the middle of doing cool and funny stuff. Would also be used for trips and that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have a new kodak touch. bout the size of an iphone, great video quality for the size of it. Like it a lot better than the flip because of screen size and how it fit in my hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts