Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been awhile! With the departure of my last German awhile back, my fleet is now sans-diversity. I was trying to fix that by going on the hunt for a mint three pedal E46 M3 vert, but just couldn't score the combination of color, interior, mileage, condition, and transmission I wanted with the M cars currently out there. So I filled the hole:

(reference photo below, actual car isn't due in till around Christmas)

Ordered up a '15 GT 5.0 for a comfy, peppy, warrantied, subtle and humble daily driver. Ingot Silver (to match the C6Z), three pedals, Recaro seats, and that's all. No fuss no muss.

For the preexisting cars, I've pretty nearly finished my Z06- 438" stroker, suspension, monoblocks, some exterior and interior touches, 24k miles still.

I convinced an old friend awhile back that if he ever decided to let go of his '69 Chevelle, that I wanted a shot at it. That worked out in my favor this spring, so the car has come under my care now. It's a driver-quality car, not perfect, but quite nice. Will likely get a black vinyl wrap in the near future.

The SHTF bugout rig, stout long-arm suspension, locked f&r, 4.56's, winch, armor. Managed to destroy the transfer case in Wyoming a few months ago. New one going in when I get around to it.

Considering my propensity to break everything (what fun are toys you can't use?), I pulled the trigger on a tow hoe, QC 4x4 Cummins Ram 2500. This truck has a few boxes of suspension sitting in the garage back home, waiting in the wings. Mild lift with some reservoir shocks, corrected-steering, Deaver leaves, and chromoly Johnny-jointed control arms will make room for 37's.

And of course, my mostly useless old farm truck is still around. I can't seem to think of a good reason to get rid of it though. It isn't worth anything to anybody, but it is honestly more fun to daily around Los Angeles than anything else I own. Lunches at Lemonade in BH or out for Sushi in Hollywood, there's something comically entertaining about parallel parking this between a pair of other people's Bentleys and AMGs. Not sure why. :)

Anyways, that's the full up Red, White, and Blue fleet of buckets for now. The silver C6Z will probably give way to a C7Z in 2015. If not, then the Z and the Cummins will probably both go away to make room for something Italian. Obviously it would be fun to get into a Gallardo, but I wouldn't kick a basic GranTurismo out of my garage either. The early R8's are descending into reasonable territory too, so there's that. We'll see.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
Nice, diverse stable you got there.

Reactions: Nolan

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, HM. Not nearly as diverse as I'd prefer, but as far as purely domestic, I've got the big three covered pretty well once the 5.0 arrives. Prior to ordering that car, yet after having given up on the E46 chase for now, I was close enough to ordering an M235i that I'd actually spec'd out a set of wheels for one. I also lust for that Toyota FT1 concept. If that car checks in anywhere around the C7Z range, I'm going to need to come to Jesus.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate it. But the current gold-with-white-roof theme is a little curious. Not a huge fan of it. Regardless, a wrap allows me to retain that original color should I decide later to revert to it. I considered a deep navy blue as well.

I'm open to suggestions on the Chevelle, as long as it isn't yellow.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I'm in that first pic of the 15 mustang you posted haha just saying...

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Right on, I appreciate it! And @ vti, no sh*t? Haha, which dude? Point yourself out!
I am the sunglassed face just about the rear quarter window with my head facing the other way. the guy in the green shirt was one of my friends. I came to Fab Fords just to see that car in person lol

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Not the fat old guy in the blue shirt

·
Registered
14 Posts
And of course, my mostly useless old farm truck is still around. I can't seem to think of a good reason to get rid of it though. It isn't worth anything to anybody, but it is honestly more fun to daily around Los Angeles than anything else I own. Lunches at Lemonade in BH or out for Sushi in Hollywood, there's something comically entertaining about parallel parking this between a pair of other people's Bentleys and AMGs. Not sure why. :)

Anyways, that's the full up Red, White, and Blue fleet of buckets for now. The silver C6Z will probably give way to a C7Z in 2015. If not, then the Z and the Cummins will probably both go away to make room for something Italian. Obviously it would be fun to get into a Gallardo, but I wouldn't kick a basic GranTurismo out of my garage either. The early R8's are descending into reasonable territory too, so there's that. We'll see.

Cheers!
its funny because youre comfortable

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
^ as cool as your other cars/trucks might be... i inexplicably really like that old chevy pick up truck...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ as cool as your other cars/trucks might be... i inexplicably really like that old chevy pick up truck...
Right?! Thank you, man- I appreciate it, but you get what I'm saying about that old bucket! I can't explain why either. Dunno man, just feel a little more "Stetson" driving it around, haha. Arm out window, tank of giveafuck on empty.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Cool, valley crew checking in! I'm pretty close to Sherman Oaks.
I'm diggin the farm truck, it's a throwback!
Congrats on the 'Stang!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts