Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help as I am doing a graphic design project on the Ferrari collection. I have to pick five of the most significant Ferrari models made. What is everyones opinion?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I can't comment on vintage Ferrari's like the 250GTO etc (although I'm sure some of those are definitely some of the most significant models), so I'll give you a could modern ones.

--288GTO which led styling-wise and engine-wise (turbo V8) to the F40
--F40 should always be on the list
--F355 I believe was the first car (ever) to have an F1 style gearbox.
--599GTO which brings back the tradition of the GTO name and also Ferrari's front-engined V12 cars which is what the comapny started with back in the day. Its also currently the fastest production Ferrari I believe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1947 125 S, 250 GTO, 250 Testarossa, 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, 599 GTO, I'm not really sure you can limit it to just 5.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Ferrari 166, the one that started it all
Ferrari 250 GTO, Do I need to explain?
Ferrari F40, Its obvious
Ferrari Enzo, Named after the founder
Ferrari 458, maybe...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will say:
- 250 GTO (no doubt the Legend)
- Testarossa (a Myth)
- F40
- 288 GTO (first "modern" Ferrari supercar)
- F50 (for me the most beautiful Ferrari and so rare)

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Hmmm. I like the way you cut it down JohnAnthony, putting the truly most significant one to the company together.

If we were going with looks, I cannot leave out the F355 - Absolutely timeless looks - Defines sports car. Along with F40, the younger GTO's and the Enzo.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
250 GTO
288 GTO
F40
430 Scuderia
575M Maranello
Daytona Spider
430 Coupe + Spider
360 CS
Enzo

Sorry impossible to just name 5

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Will pretty much echo what has already been said but adding the 360 to it, as its the best selling ferrari in history. If you are doing a piece about ferrari then i think you should look into that to see why it was.
It wasnt the most powerful nor the best looking but it sold like crazy.

other models

F40
FXX
Dino 246
Testarossa (for that Miami Vice style)

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Totally impossible question to answer....

ONE WORD SAYS IT ALL "FERRARI"
It actually is.

I once spend a longer time in italy with my ex (who was half italian/half japanese btw :bow:) and I spoke to alot of locals there and EVERYBODY said "Lambos are nice looking cars but if they were Ferraris they would be perfect".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts