Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm asking. I was thinking K as well. I know some of these Paneristi's out here will lock it down.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
J serial 2007. 400 pcs made for the serie. 268 was introduced a year after the famous 233 first released.:)

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how knowledgeable some of you are on Panerai's and If I may incurie where do you get your info from. I googled and looked at Paneristi.com and couldn't find the info and the best review was from L4P. Did I miss something or is it being a member on Paneristi.com?

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A couple of questions... why does it seem that the PAM 268 doesn't hold it's value like other PAMs? I've seen some grey markets for +/- 20%. It's an in house movement and the only Radiomir that has the P2002. Is there a better year to get? Has anyone out here had a problem with one? Who out here has one?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
A couple of questions... why does it seem that the PAM 268 doesn't hold it's value like other PAMs? I've seen some grey markets for +/- 20%. It's an in house movement and the only Radiomir that has the P2002. Is there a better year to get? Has anyone out here had a problem with one? Who out here has one?

General speaking, the luminor 1950 case has always been more popular than Rad. I'm not sure which model specifically you are comparing to regarding value. Can't compare a regular production piece against a special edition, for instance, PAM 127 vs PAM 268. The meanings behind the two pieces are day and night different!

It's not the only Rad uses P 2002. PAM 200 is the first ever uses the P 2002 movement and was released in the year of 2005; it was a white gold special edition in 250 pcs. Followed the PAM 201 which is a 950 Platinum and also a special edition made for 2005 and in 250 pcs. Panerai 233 came out a year later and it gets all the publicity like featuring on magazine cover, getting more advertisement etc. I have to say PAM 233 looks way nicer than the 268. So, I'm not suprised that it gets all the hype. 233 did draw many attention and new buyers to the brand.

No difference in year. Find a preowned one and wear it....the trading value on the piece makes it a bang for the buck:)

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thank you gentleman. I was only talking about Radiomir's with the P2002. Since the 268 is the only Radiomir with the P2002, I was surprised about the value not holding higher than it does. Guess I know now. I just can not buy a borrowed movement in my watches anymore. If I did I'd have a 183 for sure and possibly a 190. The only borrowed movement that I'm keeping is my BR01-97. The others are now gone.

·
7,022 Posts
What do 233s go for on the grey market? I seen around $9250, IIRC...
Seems like I've seen I's in the high 8's. As usual, newer bring higher amounts, closer to 10. Only difference in years is AM/PM indicator which changed with the L series.

·
7,022 Posts
Thank you gentleman. I was only talking about Radiomir's with the P2002. Since the 268 is the only Radiomir with the P2002, I was surprised about the value not holding higher than it does. Guess I know now. I just can not buy a borrowed movement in my watches anymore. If I did I'd have a 183 for sure and possibly a 190. The only borrowed movement that I'm keeping is my BR01-97. The others are now gone.
Depends on why you feel this way about a "borrowed" movement. In terms of the 190 (and 197), the 8 day JLC movement is hardly a step down in quality. In terms of the 190, the market tells you what people think about the movement. ;)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Seems like I've seen I's in the high 8's. As usual, newer bring higher amounts, closer to 10. Only difference in years is AM/PM indicator which changed with the L series.
Interesting... :)

Deciding what to buy with the first "bonus"... Base model PAM for under 4k, or double it and get what I REALLY want (233)

Got a half a year to wait though...

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Depends on why you feel this way about a "borrowed" movement. In terms of the 190 (and 197), the 8 day JLC movement is hardly a step down in quality. In terms of the 190, the market tells you what people think about the movement. ;)
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the 190 and JLC is a favorite watchmaker of mine. A JLC 8 day is an awesome movement. If I could see a 190 in person and knew the owner I'd already have one. The gold hands and simpler face... primo. Just so I'm not fronting, I can't or won't afford a precious metal watch right now. I just wanted the new version of the Radiomir and an in-house movement from Panerai.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Interesting... :)

Deciding what to buy with the first "bonus"... Base model PAM for under 4k, or double it and get what I REALLY want (233)

Got a half a year to wait though...
Buy a preowned base model and enjoy it for half year first. When you have the rest of the money ready for a 233, sell the base model, then go get a 233. Base PAMs are easy sellers;)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Nothing wrong with "borrowed" movement

especially when the manufacturers are under the same house, for instance, Panerai and JLC are both owned by Richemont...

The new Regatta (1/8th of second) is powered by JLC movement. It's such a cool watch:) You get to see the beautiful movement through the display back too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts