Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning a 997 C2S 911 for nearly 5 years (Blk/Blk, Carbon Ceramic, Sport chrono, full leather, Softronic Flash) I was convinced that I would just continue to buy 911s in perpetuity. There is truly something special about the 911 and its not lost on me. But to live with it day in and day out become laborious, not to mention my wifey (who loved it when I was young and single) prefers her range rover's ride, so rarely did the porsche make it out at night if she was to be my passenger.

I have long been trying to find a suitable daily driver that i can get excited about. I haven't been wild about BMWs products lately (they seem neutered and desensitized) and while i do like some product from Benz (New S class is great but i don't want a land yacht and the E-Class is decent but seems like it changes to dramatically every few years). I just couldn't find the right fit.

I went and looked at the Maserati Ghibli; it looked great, fit and finish was decent (high by italian standards!) and oh that sound! Then i drove it... the car did nothing for me. Quite bummed.

Then i drove the S6. Having had a few S4's in my day (that i loved) i should have been keen on this car previously. It checks all the boxes. V8 turbo is a beast, transmission is excellent and the diamond stitch leather guts packed with techy gadgets is one of the most desirable interior in the game. The air suspension and myriad of adjustable bits also moves the needle.

Long story short, i am thrilled with my purchase. I know many of you fellow S6/7 owners have done the APR tune; is it too much power or twitchy? Would also like to explore a mild exhaust system as the car is a touch too quiet for me.

At any rate- welcome any suggestions or feedback on the car, thinking hard about the APR tune. Glad to be on the forum.

thanks

JCH

IMG_1691.JPG IMG_1700.JPG

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
One of the nicest cars money can be right now. Great pickup. I would suggest Milltek exhaust system for it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
glad to see you on the forum.

Reactions: JHolmeS6

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Congrats on the S6. The APR tune has had nothing but positive reviews. Drives like stock until you roll into the throttle. I'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats on the S6. The APR tune has had nothing but positive reviews. Drives like stock until you roll into the throttle. I'd highly recommend it.
I talked to SupremePower about the GIAC tune for the S6 and the tech said it was literally so fast the car made him sick while driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to SupremePower about the GIAC tune for the S6 and the tech said it was literally so fast the car made him sick while driving.
HA is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think I'm gonna roll with it

Jay Slay, i assume you are a proponent of the tune?

·
Registered
874 Posts
looks awesome man! I picked up an RS5 in December and really considering trading it in for an S6. I see you are in WPB, I'm in broward feel free to hit me up sometime.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I don't think the RS5 can be compared to an S6 though.
The rs5 is great, a ton of fun and gets looks everywhere I go. However, IMO the interior (pop up navigation,b&o sound, diamond stitch leather) on the s6 is superior to the rs5, and for practicality it has 4 doors making it a great DD. Not to mention, my buddy is an authorized APR dealer and has tuned a few of these cars... WOW!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to L4P, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Congratulations also on your S6 as well, it's a fantastic vehicle. You will only love it more with time and appreciate it's understated demeanor compared to your C2S. It really feels a lot more agile compared to an M5 or E63. I find that Audi S models have always felt light on their feet even for their size, something I can't say about the RS models. Any other plans for it other than the tune and exhaust?

I do miss my 3.2 rs too but like the saying goes, you always eventually come back.

Enjoy it in good health!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts