Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to maybe purchase this one on friday. This will be my first watch ever. I am young so I have to start somewhere and
low in price at the moment. I am hoping to buy a panerai of my dreams soon. What do you guys think? Please say whatever you like.

Yes it is a citizen and its about $575

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
citizen is a great starting point!

have you checked out lumtec for that price as well?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wrist looks good with a 48mm. So if you guys have any other suggestion in that price range please tell me. i wish i can buy a sonbol but 50+ mm is a little to big.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Nice to see someone being reasonable about their first watch. Citizen is a fantastic watch for the money! I have one that I wear quite often. Their Eco Drive watches are great. Buy it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good watch...I am sure you will hear some options from some people. I got a Helson Sharkdiver for my son in that price range with a rubber and metal band and the ability to add a leather strap in the near future so he would have multiple looks. Just depends on what you are looking for and what you will use it for.

+1 for the lum-tec option as well!!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys. I probably will purchase it. I forgot about the lum tec, thanks mrmikey for the suggestions. I will check them out aswell.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you just dont like chronos. But if you saw the brand with a different design you would be ok? thanks for the opinion.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Great for first watch. Would you consider Hamilton?? You might be able to find an entry level Hamilton for the same price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first "real" watch (in other words, not a plastic one from Target) was a Casio that my mom gave me as a high school graduation gift. I still have it and wear it often. I just bought my first PAM yesterday (a 233), so your time will come eventually, too. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you can scrunge a little bit more money, I think the U-BOAT watches from Italy are great. They come in a very manly 50mm size.

Citizen is indeed a great first watch as well. :)

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Great first watch. Super choice. If you want an automatic then Lum-Tech or Hamilton as mentioned earlier. I just can't say enough great things about an Eco Drive. Any of my friends who have one have never complained and wear them daily. An Eco Drive will generate more attention than any watch I own around here.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Very good watch man. I like Hugo Boss and Bulova as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you can scrunge a little bit more money, I think the U-BOAT watches from Italy are great. They come in a very manly 50mm size.

Citizen is indeed a great first watch as well. :)
He said he's willing to pay $575 for the Citizen...you said to scrounge a little bit more money and get a U-Boat??? The cheapest U-Boat I know of is like $1300.00! Please do tell where I can get a U-Boat for $575.00 + a little more scrounged money cause I'll buy one right now and sell my Hamilton.

I'm not a fan of Citizen watches, cause well...to me they are boring...Do yourself a favor and buy a Hamilton as your first watch. I did (Hamilton Seaview 1000) and I couldn't have bought a better watch, unless if jtanoyo1 can get both you and me a U-Boat for $650.00 then get a freaking U-Boat!

·
Registered
184 Posts
He said he's willing to pay $575 for the Citizen...you said to scrounge a little bit more money and get a U-Boat???
+1

A U-Boat will cost much more than $575. Guys buying watches in the $500 area aren't able to "stretch" like the guys buying multi-thousand dollar watches.

If you want the U-Boat look, Haemmer makes watches in a similar style for around $400.
Haemmer watches

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If you aren't into buying a used watch, I'd recommend against the Citizen and just get a Casio G-Shock. It'll last forever, and it's a great "first watch". In fact a G-Shock is just a great watch period...

I wouldn't spend $600 on a Citizen, you're better off saving your money for something great.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the comments.The Eco Drive is really cool. I love the no battery part to lol. I never told you guys but the reason i was interested in the Citizen was the look and the 40% discount i will get with it. So with it being $575 my totally with taxes is $386. Now what do you guys think.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hamilton is a great watch. But they are not really my style.
G-shock is a awesome watch to, i will purchase one also with my citizen. Now your thoughts?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
On G-Shocks? Crikey WAY to many to list...

Anyhow a LOT of watches do not have batteries, batteries are used to power a quartz or digital movement. Automatic uses inertia to power the watch, in the case of the "Eco-Drive" it uses the power of the sun to keep it moving but still involves a backup battery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice choice. I like the textured bezel.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts