Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for my first watch and found one local with leather strap.

Ive also seen them sell for about 230 but this seller wants 299. Im wondering if I should bother negotiating. I like negotiating so I have no problem asking for more off, just wondering if 299 is a fair price for my first quality piece.

Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Great watch for $300.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I started with Hamilton watches and still own a few, very recently I got one for my dad. In my opinion they are worth every dollar. Good luck.

·
3,114 Posts
I started with Hamilton watches and still own a few, very recently I got one for my dad. In my opinion they are worth every dollar. Good luck.
+1. Hamiltons are great watches, great bang for your buck! Personally I own 2 and have nothing but great things to say about them.

However... 38mm is a bit small... but that's a different story.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a good deal. Don't let people talk you out of anything with their moronic comments for no reason....
Never do. I know they arent a waste of money from what ive read on the site. If they were I wouldnt be looking at them. Just curious if I should really push this place for a lower price or if IM fortunate to have found that price.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
waste of money
Care to elaborate? Helpful post bud.

Hamiltons are great watches for the money with solid, well tested, movements. If you are buying new...and have seen them for 230 new... I'd definitely negotiate. In fact, negotiate anyways...why not. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hamiltons are great watches for the money with solid, well tested, movements. If you are buying new...and have seen them for 230 new... I'd definitely negotiate. In fact, negotiate anyways...why not. Good luck!
Thats what I needed!

Everywhere Ive looked I have seen anywhere between 340 and 390. If your saying you have seen them for 230 new Im definitly going to have to ask them for at least 30% off the 299 they want, at least.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nice piece, can't go wrong with a Hamilton. Solid construction, good fit and finish and ETA Swiss movement. I have one too. Jazzmaster Chrono in 42mm. Good choice for a first watch. Can be worn on bracelet, leather strap or NATO and looks great. A good deal all depends on what you determine to be a good deal. Get it and be happy with it. There are a few AD's online for Hamilton, look around to get a good deal, call for pricing as they cannot quote discounts online.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
No matter what always ask. Whats the worst they do, say no?

I have never owned a hamilton, so I cant say if they are great or not. But I do read a lot, and never read anything bad about them

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love my Hamilton Seaview 1000. I actually considered this one also:
Hamilton watch, Hamilton Khaki field Auto watch, #H70455733, H70455733 - watches - Hamilton

I love the contrasting stitch in the black leather. If it has that leather strap, I say do it! I personally would go for the larger sized version, but if you got a deal you got a deal. Just make sure you love the watch and that you don't just buy it because you have a deal. I would always spend more on something I love to death, than buy something for cheaper that I'm not that crazy about, but had a deal on it. I'm anti-Asian in that way hahaha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts