Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First timer to Gold Rush and I am stoked about participating in GRV. Looking for any advice or words of wisdom from the long-term members.

I’m a 30-year vet of the concert touring industry so I’m familiar with life on the road.

I love speed but I like comfort as well so I am building my custom Hennessey Performance VelosiRaptor800. This thing will have switchable twin turbo, stiffened suspension to solidify the Fox Shocks at high speed on road and several other modifications to create a tough, but spacious speed machine. I don’t want to lag behind the EuroSuperCar Pack.

I’ve already outfitted her with FabFours solid steel bumpers front and back and more toughness all around. She has a headache rack right out of the Canadian Yukon fit for running down moose in the road without a hesitation. Is is also covered in Recon LED all around with enough to light up the night in a big way. In matte black wrap, like to call her my Ninja Zombie Killer as the key to my Zombie response team…

I read that Unique was the key so I hope I’ve done that and I’m ready to bring it and have a great time…

·
14,490 Posts
Sounds like a great car!. But I don't see the comfort in that thing :laugh: all race truck. Will be nice to meet you on GRV:). The only advice I can give is get as much sleep as you can before hand lol.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Misleading thread title, but you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm stoked about it already and I'll sleep when i'm dead...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. I tend to be sarcastic at times but that doesn't come though in text...

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Glad to have you on board, you will have a time of your life. Extra underwear, Cash and Credit Card is all you will need we will supply the rest. Oh and a pair of formal shoes because in Sin city they dont let you in any of the clubs without it and maybe a helmet if you plan on joining us for the drag race. I think I was there last year but its all a blur I could be mistaking.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Post pics of the zombie killer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the best sort of memories. The 80s and 90s on tour are the same way for me.

With all i;m putting into this truck, I have to drag race it. That's a must.

Vegas. I LOVE the Vegas nightlife and partake at least once a year...

Sounds like an amazing trip!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just getting started. She leaves for Hennessey Performance in Texas for the performance mod, then she gets her wrap. The wrap example is just a first rough draft I threw together today..., Raptor1.jpg Raptor2.jpg Raptor3.jpg Raptor-Vette.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
new tires that have a higher speed rating never hurt anyone

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is only a first draft I threw together today. It will be refined quite a bit over the next few months until I get it right...
Raptor-Custom-Wrap.gif

Reactions: MKL248

·
Silver Sponsor
786 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True. Those are already ordered and will be set up by Hennessey Performance. LT325/60R20 D121R NITTO TERRA GRAPPLER TIRES....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bring extra Cash. I drove with these guys from Tampa to Miami.........not for the weak of heart. You will have a blast. Great group of people.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know, I hear bath salts creating real life Zombies are a real problem in the hotels in LA. I think this Zombie Response Team could have a real calling on the West Coast. They haven't started invading New York City yet , but its only a matter of time and when they do, I'll just go show plowing Zombieland style...

·
Registered
806 Posts
welcome! my first time was GR4 and I'm stoked about GRV. "Shit Happens" so ya know lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love when "Shit Happens." Especially Vegas style. Those are the things that make life interesting ;-)))

1 - 20 of 48 Posts