Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 GT Continental (Convertible - Le Mans) that is signaling me that it needs its first service. I have about 1,500 miles on the car and have had it for about 1 year now. Called my local service department and was told that the first service will cost somewhere around $6,000. Ok, that's not cheap but its not my first go-around with exotic/high-end cars. What bothers me, other than the huge price for the service appointment, is that they are backed up by 2-3 months. What am I to do? Not drive my car for that time?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Unless something is noticeably wrong, just keep driving it. After your service perhaps book it in for next year.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you were to have your car in for a service at your local service department, would they be giving you a loaner to drive in the mean time? Also I'd call other service departments near you to see what their time frame is.

Booking in advance also seems like a great idea for next time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Keep driving it.
All they are going to do is change the oil, reset the lights and let it sit there to add more to the mystique and prestige of owning a bentley

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
lol $6,000. I'd love to see the breakdown of the costs :lol: (Check tires, check air filter, check for fault codes- $6,000)

I'm pretty sure the first official maintenance visit is supposed to be 5,000 miles. Regardless, no reason to take the car in now, and no reason to get raped. Find a new dealer/service shop.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Why don't you just maintain it yourself? Just because it's a Bentley doesn't mean you have to take it to the dealership and get ripped off.. lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
Why don't you just maintain it yourself? Just because it's a Bentley doesn't mean you have to take it to the dealership and get ripped off.. lol
I would say warranty purposes, also helps with resale. Perhaps terms of lease?

·
Registered
20 Posts
my fresh oil change on my superports was 395,- .. 6k sounds a bit over the top ... my local dealer charges for the biggest service 3k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts