Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
etihad diamond sounds interesting but thus far singapore and emirates are personal favourites in commercial

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you fly within Europe using Lufthansa, at least in Munich there is an option where they pick you up from the flight using a Cayenne. Anyone know what that service is called?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Air New Zealand was the sickest 1st class experience. By the looks of the pics above it trumps all the competition. You get your own row with a 5 course meal with wine pairings and Champagne before takeoff. You also get your own tv and select what movies you watch or you can watch tv. The flight attendants make your bed for you when you are ready. The only thing that beats it is flying private...

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Air New Zealand was the sickest 1st class experience. By the looks of the pics above it trumps all the competition. You get your own row with a 5 course meal with wine pairings and Champagne before takeoff. You also get your own tv and select what movies you watch or you can watch tv. The flight attendants make your bed for you when you are ready. The only thing that beats it is flying private...
Pics?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Only intl first ive flown so far was Deltas to London. Decent bed and entertainment setup, but compared to everyone elses idea of intl first....its prob near the bottom.

·
Registered
803 Posts
United Global First isn't bad on the 787. If you're used to Emirates or Singapore though then United will be a step down. United is in the process of revamping and so is American. It's not just about the cabin or the seats that turn into beds, the service and attention to detail is where U.S. carriers lack. I recently flew from ICN-SIA on an older SQ A330 in Business Class (First Class not offered on this route). The airplane was an older one of their fleet and the cabin had signs of wear and tear but the service was absolutely superb from the lounge at ICN to when the doors opened at SIA. The level of expertise and attention to service and hospitality was far better than the flight from LAX-ICN which was also in First but I enjoyed Singapore's flight much more.

I have my eye on the SQ Suites which everyone has been raving about. If you have miles with United, transfer them to Krisflyer and go for it as the number of miles needed to fly in the suites have just been reduced or you can pay to play at $16-20K per RT.

Singapore Suites

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Air Canada's International first class isn't to bad but it's not really on par with any of the ones shown above. I rarely fly international however and as someone who flies first class domestic quite a bit I can say that their first class leaves a bit to be desired, it's essentially just wider seats with more legroom that tilt back a bit further. That said it's light years ahead of coach so I'll take it :lol:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
how does the service compare between domestic and international carriers in first class? i've flown all the major domestics and a couple of international--the personalities/attitudes on international seems much more welcoming. domestic flight attendants seem like they don't want to be bothered half the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most of my travel is from the Eastern U.S. to Europe, usually London so my First Class product options aren't as good as those on the U.S.-Asia routes. From New York, I basically have American, BA, and Delta to choose from. But for those of you who haven't tried, AA's First Class on its new 777-300's is a great experience, and would be my pick of the bunch every time from New York-London. After that, I'd say BA, simply because their lounges (especially the First Class lounges) are far and away the best of the bunch.
I fly Boston to London pretty regularly and I always fly Virgin Atlantic. Absolutely love the service and would recommend over BA/Delta/AA. Every time I've flown on AA I have had a terrible experience, I will never fly with them again.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts