Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out. Getting first car for 18th birthday/high school graduation (also when I get my license)

Top choices are Porsche 911 or Maserati GranTurismo but I hear exotic/sports cars aren't a good choice for first cars
Could probably go with a less performance-focused luxury marque if that'd be a better option

Advice? What should I do? Just assume I'm of the average level of responsibility for someone my age.
Also I hear Maseratis are much less reliable and much more costly to maintain Porsche's which is really my main setback. Does anyone have insight?

Thanks

edit: currently learning to drive in 2011 Mercedes GL and it's boring, I don't want a Benz

·
Registered
604 Posts
Exotic/sports cars are typically a poor choice because of the likeliness of a new driver to get into an accident, the cost of insurance(which doesnt seem a problem for you) is high, and the cost of maintenance is high. If we are to accept your assumption that you are of average level of responsibility for someone your age, a sports car is not the right choice for you imo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm new to this site. What does that mean?

edit: what does sub'd mean, just like following the thread?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Not 18 and most likely a troll

bring out the ban hammer

Reactions: Capital

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nice first post.

My first car? Lamborghini LP-2000 and a Black Enzo with under 6k

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
Just assume I'm of the average level of responsibility for someone my age.
Average? The average 17/18 year old is really not that responsible, so I would not trust you with anything more than a Honda Civic. Delay your gratification.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Let's not flame the kid, i would suggest you anything below 50k like for example :
corvette Z06
Audi S5
Acura NSX
Lotus Evora

Sport cars and fun to drive.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Didnt think I could get an account unless I clicked that box
The point of the button to agree that you are over 18...you shouldn't have an account if you are under 18.
Also, who waits two years to get their license?

As for what car, I'd say a twin turbo Viper. The ideal first car. Stupid fast and keeps you on your toes.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts