Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#@$#/! did it turn out sweet! :biggrin1:

So I spent some time and cash over at various detailing sites & forums learning how to properly correct paint. My car's paint was in very good condition, just some very minor swirls from washing it improperly over the past few years. Now I have a foam cannon, 2 bucket system, wash mitt, grit guard and a master blaster to dry it.

What I started out with.

My purchases.

So I washed and clayed the car and then got the car prepped for the buffing.

I first started off with the Meguiars M101 and a Lakes Country orange pad followed directly with the Meguiars M205 and a LC blue pad. I did not remove the M101 but just worked the compound until it broke down. I worked in small sections being very careful of any edges or body line creases.

The results are simply amazing. I cannot see a single swirl or micro abrasion under a strong fluorescent light. Now I have to apply the 22PLE and call it a day (job for next weekend).

I also got a Rupes 75E on the way and some Menzerna Super Finish (SF4500) PO85RD to be delivered tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience with Pinnacle Black Label Synergy wax?

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Looks great. I also just recently decided to pick up some detailing equipment. Still trying to decide on which polisher (leaning towards Rupes Bigfoot 15 as it seems pretty fool proof and in addition will get a smaller sized one for more complicated panels and use on the interior with a brush attachment).

How do you like the Flex?

Also, do you think the master blaster is worth it? From what I've heard, 150mph range leaf blowers work just fine.

As for Black Label Synergy, I have no experience however you may find Ammo Creme Reflective Paste worth a try. I can't compare it with much but I find it is very easy to apply and remove while still leaving a rich gloss. Not to mention it costs less than half as much and Larry truly seems to care about his customers and will answer any questions you have.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. I also just recently decided to pick up some detailing equipment. Still trying to decide on which polisher (leaning towards Rupes Bigfoot 15 as it seems pretty fool proof and in addition will get a smaller sized one for more complicated panels and use on the interior with a brush attachment).

How do you like the Flex?

Also, do you think the master blaster is worth it? From what I've heard, 150mph range leaf blowers work just fine.

As for Black Label Synergy, I have no experience however you may find Ammo Creme Reflective Paste worth a try. I can't compare it with much but I find it is very easy to apply and remove while still leaving a rich gloss. Not to mention it costs less than half as much and Larry truly seems to care about his customers and will answer any questions you have.
Thanks. I love the flex. I also bought the 4inch backing plate to run the 5 inch pads. This way I have some flexibility. To get into small areas I ordered the Rupes 75E. Should be delivered tomorrow. For the larger machine, take a good look at the flex. It is forced rotation so it will do a better job (quicker) at heavy corrections. However, you need to be a little more careful with it.

I definitely think the master blaster is worth it. I dried my cars with an electric leave blower for years. The master blaster has more air flow plus the key is heated air. The hot air will dry the car without any water spots. The two motors (can vary the flow rate) and filtered air are a big plus in my opinion.

I will look into the Ammo Crème Reflective Paste.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
if you are applying 22ple, there is no need to wax

I have a rupes duetto for sale if you are interested. Used it a couple times, but find myself reaching for a different machine too often. $300 shipped (50 off retail)

205 on a blue pad did more filling than cutting. That pad has next to zero cutting ability. You should have gone from orange and 101 to 205 with a black or tangerine pad, then finished up with 4500 and black pad for results that justify the extra time. Look into LED lights for better lighting as fluorescent lights are not the best for detailing work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks great! Nice ride.

Later,

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you are applying 22ple, there is no need to wax

I have a rupes duetto for sale if you are interested. Used it a couple times, but find myself reaching for a different machine too often. $300 shipped (50 off retail)

205 on a blue pad did more filling than cutting. That pad has next to zero cutting ability. You should have gone from orange and 101 to 205 with a black or tangerine pad, then finished up with 4500 and black pad for results that justify the extra time. Look into LED lights for better lighting as fluorescent lights are not the best for detailing work.
The wax on top of the 22PLE is for looks only. Going with Pinnacle Souveran.

The blue pad is a LC hybrid pad so yes it does minor cutting. The paint correction required was very minor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts