Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new project car. 2008 C6 corvette, fully loaded. It's going to be 700 horsepower in the next few months. Recently sold a business and have a big office building with a huge garage left over , so I'll be doing all the work myself in that! :clap:
I've got huge plans for the interior, exterior, and of course the power it will be putting out. I'll drive it stock for maybe a month or two just to enjoy it since this is my first ever vette. The car is actually a lot more fun than I imagined. It's also faster than I expected and much more nimble and comfortable. SO much better than my M3. I'll never buy another BMW for the rest of my life. I've never owned such a hulking pile of shit until I bought an M3. I cant wrap my head around why anyone likes that car.

Anyway, here's the only picture I have:

Reactions: pip and vtiracing08

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Very nice! This is going to be an epic build. I actually really liked the e92 M3, but I guess it's not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
C6 is an extremely solid platform. Not a car that stands out, but easy to make cheap, reliable power with.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
You bought used and inherited someone else's problem? Can't imagine a brand new m3 being a "pile of shit".

But a vette is the closest think to an American exotic besides a mosler Mt900 or SSC.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Congrats, I have to agree with post above me M3 any day over c6!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
at some point, the m3 was new and probably was a pile of shit.. Being used is no excuse for a car to be problematic

You bought used and inherited someone else's problem? Can't imagine a brand new m3 being a "pile of shit".

But a vette is the closest think to an American exotic besides a mosler Mt900 or SSC.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The M3 had no mechanical problems, it just sucked. it was a boring car. Felt slow because of no torque, quiet, uncomfortable, not the best looking thing ever. I could've put mods on it, but the prices of mods for an M3 is seriously insane. it's robbery. I hated that car since day 1 and there was nothing wrong with it, everything worked, I just didnt like it.

I wanted to mod the car, but I didn't want to mod a car I just didn't like very much, and $13,000 for a supercharger? What the hell is up with that. I like a car with a lot of torque, which is why I like American cars so much.

I'm surprised how much attention the c6 is getting... Maybe it's because where I live its mostly hondas with cockeyed wheels that you see around. The c6 gets more attention than my M3 did. I think I got maybe one comment ever while driving in M3.

Cool car, sorry about the corvettes interior…
I like it, actually. It's simple.

Don't forget the Ford GT!

Reactions: DURGE

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
The m3 is a good bit quicker than your maserati, especially seeing it is a non S model also quite a bit more comfortable for long trips, I HATED my GTS seats. if it wasnt the car for you it just wasnt the car for you and I understand the american v8 thing.... Why a non Z tho? Does your c6 have the LSD

Reactions: Tipo

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The m3 is a good bit quicker than your maserati, especially seeing it is a non S model also quite a bit more comfortable for long trips, I HATED my GTS seats. if it wasnt the car for you it just wasnt the car for you and I understand the american v8 thing.... Why a non Z tho? Does your c6 have the LSD
The GT isn't really supposed to be a fast car, though. I expected the GT to perform how it does. he m3 is SO hyped so I expected a lot more. I think the GT is WAAAAY more comfortable than the M3 (except the headrests, the headrests are horrible). My M3 was like riding around on a pogo stick. I didnt get a Z because I wanted to start with the LS3 engine, I didnt see a reason to spend more on a Z when I'll be forging the engine anyway and possibly boring it. No LSD that I can find, I've licked just about everything.

Reactions: pip

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The M3 wasnt my kind of car. Honestly I'll probably never buy a german car like it again. MB, Audi, BMW. I just dont like how those types of cars feel to drive. Not my thing. See, I originally was considering a GTR vs the BMW. I decided on the BMW because I thought it looked a bit better, I've never heard one bad thing about it, and I thought for a daily it would be just as fun as the GTR and much easier to live with. I bought the car knowing about all the hype it had around it and I didn't expect it to be as fast as my last car, but man, when driving it aggressively just wasn't fun. It isn't like an American car where the back end tries to fly out to the left or right when you floor it, it's so electronic, it's like driving a laptop. I guess I can't really say its a bad car, I just didn't like it. My friends and I would joke it sounded more like a laptop while it was running than a car. (It really did). I looked into exhaust options and other engine options, but the prices were so ridiculous I wasn't about to pay for parts for that thing. I've never had a thing for circuit tracks, I prefer drag strips. I've never cared much about insane cornering abilities, so that didn't appeal to me much. I prefer the raw, visceral power that you can easily find in an American car, where it still feels like you're driving the car and the car isnt driving itsself. This is a big reason I'm not a GTR fan either, it's just too electronic for me to really get into it, I felt so detached driving the M3 and the GTR's I test drove, I couldn't have fun. Driving is a very personal thing, everyone has their own preferences. What makes perfect sense to one person may seem completely insane to another.

.... so why not the stingray? c6 is a downgrade for sure from an e92 m3.
I sat down to buy a RJT stingray, actually. Backed out at the last second because I realized I wanted a project to work on. There aren't too many options for the stingray and who knows when there will be. I'm also familiar with the LS3 engine. I could've waited for mods to start being released for the C7, but I simply just didn't want to. I think the C6 still is a great looking car, and when I'm done with it, it's going to be one hell of a head turner, I assure you! ;) (And it will be faster than the C7!)

Yeah.... Downgrade...
To me it's a HUGE upgrade, love an american V8

I'm not a Vette hater, just curious as to why he hated the M. I actually like Vettes. Just hate how freaking fast they can get for so cheap.
Yep, doesn't take a whole lot of money to get it running low 10's or 9's, and it's a fun project to work on.

There are a lot of M3 fanboys and Vette haters haha.

I'm all for American, good buy, especially if you're going to mod the hell out of it. There's no reason to spend more money on a Z06 if you're going to put all your money into the engine anyhow.
Yeah, didn't see any point in getting a Z, it might sound weird but I just didn't want the LS7 engine. The base C6 has a lot more options and since I know the LS3 really well I dont need to really do a ton of research about it.

Reactions: markpetersonii

·
Registered
393 Posts
I like the Vette over the M3 too. But don't bash the Germans to much, I have a Renntech E55 that is as fun to drive as my H/C 08 C6 is.

For real fun try a Factory Five GTM. LS V8 powered, very light weight and all American supercar. I have a 500hp Camaro, the Vette is 491whp, the E55 504whp, but with only 358whp, the GTM is the fastest car I own. I used a baby 5.3 L33 with cam only. Imagine what a well worked LS3 would do in a sub 2300lbs car.

You are going to love your new (to you) Vette, it is a fantastic car and your right, it is easy to make go extremely fast for little coin, congrats.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
While I'm not surprised a lot are voicing support for the M3, if it's not your car, is not your car. End of discussion.

Looking forward to a sweet C6 Vette from you Moose! How do you like the interior?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts