Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend talked me into switching to E85 fuel. I was running just pump with methanol injection, but due to E85s 105 octane rating, I figured why not. So, $1,800 later, I purchased the Bosche 044 drop in fuel pump with a check valve, EV 14 72# injectors with stock 4 bar FBR, and the VAST E85 tune with a 91 tune for if I can't find a station that sells it.

I'm shooting for 450 AWHP or around 550/560 CHP.

I'll post up some logs later, but as it was sitting with 91 w/ meth, it was around 400 WHP.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any pictures or videos or both of your car?
Soon. I have video of my car up at altitude and some pulls when I was only running 18lbs and no meth. And a short clip on youtube with meth and 22lbs with a weak tune..

The e85 is not even comparable to my last set up. I'll have to get more videos.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Nice! Don't think I could commit to it though due to the fact that it is hard to find and good luck going on road trips and being able to refuel! Do post up vids and pics though!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ yup.. You're from San Diego also! There are about 3 E85 stations around here. One in particular is Bressie Ranch in Carlsbad. I'll be filling up tomorrow along with 15 gallons (3 - 5 gal. jugs).

Are you going on the L4p C&C run to Javiers? If you want to caravan with other San Diegans, call me at 760 717 8050.

Justin

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
:itdidnthappen:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
^^ yup.. You're from San Diego also! There are about 3 E85 stations around here. One in particular is Bressie Ranch in Carlsbad. I'll be filling up tomorrow along with 15 gallons (3 - 5 gal. jugs).

Are you going on the L4p C&C run to Javiers? If you want to caravan with other San Diegans, call me at 760 717 8050.

Justin
I didn't know there were any e85 stations in the area! Good to know if I ever switch :) lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts