Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
i do quite like Range Rovers but they're ruined for me, because every RR that is driven over here is a trophy wife. and it ruins it for me. thats why i love the G class, i aint gonna see no trophy wife in that thing! :D
seen more women in the G klasse than dudes. which is fine with me. :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
i do quite like Range Rovers but they're ruined for me, because every RR that is driven over here is a trophy wife. and it ruins it for me. thats why i love the G class, i aint gonna see no trophy wife in that thing! :D
Come to the West Coast, trophy wives seem to only drive G Class MBs. :lol:

I love Range Rovers, and while I really prefer the full size I do like the sport model for certain reasons. Honestly if these trucks where as bad as people say, they would not be selling, simple as that. People enjoy hating, and thats hardly anything new.

It's funny how literally 2/3s of the time I hear how unreliable and poorly designed Range Rovers are, it's coming from someone who has never actually owned one or even a similar vehicle. :whistle:

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Come to the West Coast, trophy wives seem to only drive G Class MBs. :lol:

I love Range Rovers, and while I really prefer the full size I do like the sport model for certain reasons. Honestly if these trucks where as bad as people say, they would not be selling, simple as that. People enjoy hating, and thats hardly anything new.

It's funny how literally 2/3s of the time I hear how unreliable and poorly designed Range Rovers are, it's coming from someone who has never actually owned one or even a similar vehicle. :whistle:
noooooooo. this is awful. what about Q7's? trophy wives gotta stop driving nice cars. makes them look bad.
i bet they dont drive station wagons. please tell me they dont drive A6 wagons.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I own a 2011 RRS S/C very satisfied for now...but i have to agreeolder model has flaws

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a 07 RRS "wifes car, she had to have it" and really like it. It drives nice and runs smooth. I have had a coupple small issues but nothing major. I will say this the Nav is Junk and rear seat belts will get loose and rattle but other than that its been a great car. The interior is cheezy but the new ones are much better looking.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The only thing I hate about Range Rovers, is that the backs eats make me feel like im sitting straight up and down and that they feel hard.

Any other time, the trucks look great and go well.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Owning an RRS, I completely disagree. Love every bit of it, interior is a bit tight, but the performance and the interior is beautiful.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Owning an RRS, I completely disagree. Love every bit of it, interior is a bit tight, but the performance and the interior is beautiful.
If you have the s/c maybe. I always said this thing feels like a "tank" it was so slow.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think I could get over not getting another RRS vs a new Denali just based on how much I saved when buying new and how much I am going to save on maintenance.

If you have only owned expensive european cars your whole life, then the maintenance seems pretty normal. You switch to something domestic and your like "wow, that trip to the dealer wasn't so bad" atleast that is from my experiences.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think I could get over not getting another RRS vs a new Denali just based on how much I saved when buying new and how much I am going to save on maintenance.

If you have only owned expensive european cars your whole life, then the maintenance seems pretty normal. You switch to something domestic and your like "wow, that trip to the dealer wasn't so bad" atleast that is from my experiences.
I bet maintenance costs are relatively the same between the 2, provided they are under warranty. And if you are buying an RR, cost is not priority.

You answered your own question.

Why pay for the RRS when you can have the same cheap feel for well....cheaper.

2010+ is a different story.
Uh...styling maybe? Also no SC option in the LR3 :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
You think maintenance is similar on a GMC vs a Range Rover? Last time I checked, an Oil change at our local LR dealer wasn't $30 lol

·
Registered
774 Posts
You think maintenance is similar on a GMC vs a Range Rover? Last time I checked, an Oil change at our local LR dealer wasn't $30 lol
If $20 is gonna break your bank...u got probs. Again, this isn't about money when you are at this caliber of vehicle. Have any valid points?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If $20 is gonna break your bank...u got probs. Again, this isn't about money when you are at this caliber of vehicle. Have any valid points?
Yeah i totally agree with Adam here things like gas mileage and oil changes are definitely not a consideration, i have a Porsche 997 carrera s cab and oil change for that vehicle is like 80+ some dollars plus a full so called service is 250 dollars. With cars like Rovers and 997 etc, they are very high caliber cars that have huge amounts of prestige and status, hence when you buy these cars you should expect big bills. GMC in all honesty isn't the same class as a Land Rover to begin with, but in the end just buy what makes you happy its your money :p:whistle:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yea, I am not at that caliber of vehicle yet. But atleast with a GMC it is capable of 300k plus miles without some air ride suspension shitting out on you. :whistle:

This is why I don't buy cars purely for 'status'. I buy a car that works for me and while I love the Range Rover, I think some of the nit picky shit could be fixed to be more reliable.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts