Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 08 RRS. The only good thing I can really say is the damn thing was good looking and never broke down on me. But I hated it from day 1. (wife's vehicle)

The "luxury" in this vehicle was non existent. It was smaller than a rat's nest. And the small movable parts never worked right.

So finally after 49,915 miles, just before warranty was about to crap out. I traded her in for a 11 GMC Yukon XL Denali. Good riddens RRS!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congrats I guess?? The RR definitely has a better quality interior, and the ride is cushier, but welcome to having a nice trunk you can use :D took my XL last weekend for a snowboard trip with 5 guys and no complaints!

·
Registered
667 Posts
The sports are junk. Should have just gotten an LR3.

Full size is the only way to go.

As far as reliability goes 2008+ is the way to go. The newer ones are doing great. Its the pre 2007 especially 2003-2006 that was so horrible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well basically as far as i know the full sized rovers are basically considered by many as the Rolls Royce of suvs, and holy shit never keep one out of warranty and 2003-2006 hasRterrible reliability

·
Registered
651 Posts
yukon's a nice suv.... boring and rental fleety but nice and large.

i would not have gotten an RR if not for the new supercharged 510hp engine and the significantly upgraded interior.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I had an 08 RRS. The only good thing I can really say is the damn thing was good looking and never broke down on me. But I hated it from day 1. (wife's vehicle)

The "luxury" in this vehicle was non existent. It was smaller than a rat's nest. And the small movable parts never worked right.

So finally after 49,915 miles, just before warranty was about to crap out. I traded her in for a 11 GMC Yukon XL Denali. Good riddens RRS!
I agree luxury was sorely lacking pre 2010, but they fixed it moving forward.

People please note he said "never broke down on me" and he rode it to almost 50k miles.

Seems like a lot of people are getting rid of rovers, are they really that bad?
No, they are not.

All i ever hear about is bad things, but i never owned one or driven one so i wouldn't personally know:lol:
Funny, a lot of us here on L4P who own them have really good things to say about the current models...

JUNK!!!!! never keep out of warranty!!!!
Wrong...but yes, never keep ANY new car out of warranty

If the reliability is not the greatest, why are so many purchased?
Because people like to talk sh!t, the new models are solid. I have been driving them since 2005 and will continue doing so.

The sports are junk. Should have just gotten an LR3.

Full size is the only way to go.

As far as reliability goes 2008+ is the way to go. The newer ones are doing great. Its the pre 2007 especially 2003-2006 that was so horrible.
Orly, why junk? The LR3 is the same chassis...so why an LR3?

My 2006 was flawless for 4 + years, my 2010 has had more probs, a whopping 2 in 1+ years, and minor at that.

I have spent half my life in them and they have been fine, the odd little problem but that happens with every car.
Bingo!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know if i got one that was out of the norm...but drove 330k miles on a 2002 Range Rover without any major problems..loved that car

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm basically going to +1 everything Adam said, but I'll add a few comments. I've had absolutely no problems with my '11 RRS S/C, and our '08 RRS S/C similarly has had no problems. Even though the interior of the '08 was lacking, you can't get an LR3 with a 4.2L supercharged engine (nor can you get an LR3 with a 5.0L supercharged for that matter)...

Now, let's consider the X5, which most people love. My friend's '11 X5 has already spent two full weeks in the shop due to engine troubles. His old '07 X5 had to be towed from his driveway, because the engine wouldn't start (5 cylinders had failed). Range Rover 1: BMW 0.

Lexus is about the only SUV that will entirely hold up, but what dude would drive the RX (the rest are overly ugly too)? Mercedes SUV's are similarly girly. G-Wagen's look good but are seriously old school in terms of styling and tech, and most people (at least where I'm from) consider them overly pretentious (i.e. only purpose is to look wealthy). The Cayenne is seriously capable, but the looks have never caught for me.

As for FFRR vs. RRS, it's all a matter of personal preference. For me, the FFRR is too big and bulky, whereas the RRS is the perfect size. Plus, it's quicker and handles better.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm basically going to +1 everything Adam said, but I'll add a few comments. I've had absolutely no problems with my '11 RRS S/C, and our '08 RRS S/C similarly has had no problems. Even though the interior of the '08 was lacking, you can't get an LR3 with a 4.2L supercharged engine (nor can you get an LR3 with a 5.0L supercharged for that matter)...

Now, let's consider the X5, which most people love. My friend's '11 X5 has already spent two full weeks in the shop due to engine troubles. His old '07 X5 had to be towed from his driveway, because the engine wouldn't start (5 cylinders had failed). Range Rover 1: BMW 0.

Lexus is about the only SUV that will entirely hold up, but what dude would drive the RX (the rest are overly ugly too)? Mercedes SUV's are similarly girly. G-Wagen's look good but are seriously old school in terms of styling and tech, and most people (at least where I'm from) consider them overly pretentious (i.e. only purpose is to look wealthy). The Cayenne is seriously capable, but the looks have never caught for me.

As for FFRR vs. RRS, it's all a matter of personal preference. For me, the FFRR is too big and bulky, whereas the RRS is the perfect size. Plus, it's quicker and handles better.
"we don't drive x5s we give them to baby mommas" -jay z :whistle:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I own a 04 and a 07 and neither one has ever broken down on me or had any serious issues besides normal maintence on wear and tear items. The 04 is beat on hard so ive been pretty happy thus far.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
i do quite like Range Rovers but they're ruined for me, because every RR that is driven over here is a trophy wife. and it ruins it for me. thats why i love the G class, i aint gonna see no trophy wife in that thing! :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts