Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a new car and can't decide which one of these two to get. I will be buying second hand and I'm going to use the car as a daily driver. Which one of these do you suggest?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Two very different cars. What exactly are you looking for? Ferrari is going to be more flashy, faster, with more of a race car feel. The DB9 is a more luxurious sports car that will fly under the radar compared to an F430.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
OP, my father has both a F430 and the DB9. They are both awesome cars but both weekend cars, not daily drivers. If I could pick one to daily drive...well I'd probably pick the DB9 because I personally couldn't see myself DD'ing a Ferrari, just my opinion because a Ferrari is my favorite car and I'd want to use it on special occasions. But the problem with the DB9 for daily driving is that it is a very very low car, especially from the front; even lower than the F430 I believe. The front bumper sits very low and can be easily scraped if you do not pay enough attention going into parking spots or speed bumps...If you want an exotic car to daily drive, I'd probably get the Gallardo coupe or Spyder or if you financially can...go for a LP560. Because the Gallardo's come with a front end lifting system that would probably be very useful for daily use...I believe there is a member on here that daily drives a Gallardo Spyder and weekends a F430...

Good luck on your search, hope this helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gentlemen, for your quick replies. Unfortunatly I don't like the styling of the Gallardo or the LP560, I think they are rather too edgy.
@Blue4reF1: As your father owns both of the cars, how do they compare in reliability and running cost?

Thanks.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
DB9 is a GT car. 430 is a sports car. What do you need? What do you want?
As usual on this forum an odd comparison.

If what you're looking 4 is something sporty and reliable my suggestion is look into porsches.

Out of the Aston and the Fcar as a daily I'd go 4 the brit.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
^yeah, especially after blue4re's comment Id say a porsche turbo, but that all depends on how often the car will be used.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
@Blue4reF1: As your father owns both of the cars, how do they compare in reliability and running cost?

Thanks.
Both cars haven't had any problems. Just the usual, annual services, oil changes, etc. The DB9 is also a 2005 model and we've had it for about 3-4 years now and it's running stronger than ever. And the F430 hasn't had any issues that I'm aware of. Just they same annual services and oil changes... Hope this helps. My dad daily drives a Maserati Quattroporte but now looking into a 2011 Jaguar XJR L in the near future...

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I basically daily drive my '08 DB9, and have a few hours behind the wheel of an '05 430.

For a daily I'd go with the Aston. The seats are all day comfortable, and the car is very easy to drive. The 430 is more sports car, and less a daily.

Sevice for the Aston is every 10,000 miles or every year, not bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts