Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

My neighbor never drives his ferrari F355 and i have been driving it for the last 5 weeks on the weekend being he has not driven it in 8 months and the mechanic said drive it or sell it.

I Notice the temperature gauge between the tach and speedo is usually at 190"sh but stop and go it's at the next line wich i'm guessing is 210? How high can that go before i need to worry?

The next photo is the temperature guage next to the fuel gauge. What's the avg for that and what should i be worried about?

I plan on going on a weekend vacation that's about 340* miles roundtrip. The cars had all the maintenance done and has brand new tires.

Tristan,

Attachments

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
what a cool neighbor leaving his F355 at your disposal....pretty cool! I would call the dealer and ask one of the techs over the phone or just go to the dealer and ask someone then decide what to do.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good idea :)

Thanks for the help, He travels a lot so he asked i was like sure no problem ..LOL I usually have to rent it from him. last weekend i drove 130 miles in one day,

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's not running super hot, but hot none the less. Usually that's indicative of stopped up cats, or low coolant/thermo. My '98 spider told me by triggering the Slow Down light.

My culprit was the driver side header. The headers have some type of shield. (more like a case with about 1/4" gap) and the cats clogged, then taking out the header. INSIDE of the shield. I flirted with buying a used set which at that time ran 1500-2000, but ended up buying the full Capristo system with cat deletes.

Best

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car is a euro model and it was exported, The car dose not have cats,

Thank god,

·
Registered
149 Posts
we have seen that people who use the regular coolant you can get at auto stores will allow the engine to run hotter. We have been using the shell glycol coolant and it drops the temps about 15 degrees. this is in az too. the shell glycol is more expensive but is well worth it. you dont want to go over 210 because since you have aluminum heads they may warp. You will use about 2-3 glycol shells and about 4-6 qts of distilled water.

We had a customer with a 360 who was driving his car and talking on the cell phone. Didn't pay attention to his engine temp and it got to 250. he had a leak in the coolant system which caused the temp to go so high. We pulled the motor and had the heads sent out to make sure they weren't warped. The wiring harness on top of motor got so hot that is melted itself to the block.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What your from fountain hills lol, I live in paradise valley 15 minutes from you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts