Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2014 Ferrari California T has been officially revealed ahead of its debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.

That “T” stands for turbo, marking the firs time Ferrari has used forced induction in a street car since the F40. The powerplant in question is a version of the same engine found in the Maserati Quattroporte displacing 3.8 liters to make a whopping 552 hp. That means it’s just a hair less powerful than the 458 Italia and 62 hp more potent than the old California yet the brand says it will be up to 15 percent more efficient in everyday driving.

Power is sent through a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox and in launch control mode the car can run from 0-62 (100 km/h) mph in 3.6 seconds with a top speed of 196 mph. Of course, there’s quite a bit more torque on tap as well. The car boasts 523 lb-ft compared to the previous 372.

Handling is considerably improved as well. The car has a quicker steering ratio and magnetic dampers that are supposed to react 50 percent faster. Ceramic brakes come as standard equipment and help the car screech to a halt in a little over 111 feet from 62 mph.

Ferrari also promises that a carefully-tuned exhaust system will keep the car sounding like a Ferrari despite the turbochargers. Its retractable hardtop is supposed to take up less trunk space as well.
See more Ferrari California T photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
God I love the Cali. Something about it is just cool. Interesting to see them using a turbo as well, can't wait to hear one.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I'd take a Cali in a heartbeat, I don't care if its a chick car

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wow I totally called this in the other thread :p
Doubt they would go bigger with that engine but maybe we'll see a power boost via a turbo system. Could definitely see Ferrari testing that out on the Cali to see how well it is received and possibly implement it on their other cars down the road.
Love the way this thing looks. Like how similar the styling is to the f12. Ferrari did a good job of keeping the aggressiveness of it too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really love this over the old california but I would be a little heartbroken if ferrari starts to put turbos of 458's or f12's. Something about the naturally aspirated is just pure sex.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used to dream about cars that looked that good when I was a kid. That shit was the pure fantasy art, concept renderings and occasional one offs. Its so crazy to think we live in a time where manufacturing methods have almost completely caught up with our a designers ability to create.

I can't wait to see some lap videos of this. Its also at times like this Im glad I live in LA, I'm sure someone out here will get one right away and at least I can catch a cool drive by.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts