Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Al & Eds Autosound in West Hollywood CA. specializes in skid plate fabrication and installation for exotic cars. Manufactured and created in house we have skid plates for every exotic car.

We use the finest materials that allow the proper amount of rigidity and flexibility to help prevent your front bumper from cracking when you scrap it when entering low slopping driveways and dips in the road. Please contact me directly if your car needs protection.

Please enjoy this video of our installation on a Ferrari 458 Italia.

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Looks great, its insane that it doesnt come stock though lol.
Does the skid plate affect the aerodynamics at all?

·
Registered
392 Posts
PM Sent :D

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will extend special pricing for L4P members if you need skid plates for your exotic car. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's one big skid plate, but it looks like it belongs on the car.
Given the option, I couldn't imagine not buying the front-end lift option. I have it on my Gallardo and love it.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's one big skid plate, but it looks like it belongs on the car.
Given the option, I couldn't imagine not buying the front-end lift option. I have it on my Gallardo and love it.
It's actually made in two pieces. Our installation is vitually seemless.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sooo, it's riveted onto the bumper? The one that even in the video is quoted as being "so expensive to repair, or replace". I think I'd rather have it scraped a little then have a bunch of holes in it..

At :52 into the video where you show the plate, the finish is horrible, the edge on the passenger corner is clearly riding over the (what appears to be factory) piece set further back. Then at :56 you can clearly see the "virtually seamless" installation with the uneven gap and riveting . The drivers inside edge towards the corner is cut horribly too.

I'm sorry but that is not something I would put on my car. It looks nice from far, but far from nice. Great idea, poor execution.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sooo, it's riveted onto the bumper? The one that even in the video is quoted as being "so expensive to repair, or replace". I think I'd rather have it scraped a little then have a bunch of holes in it..

At :52 into the video where you show the plate, the finish is horrible, the edge on the passenger corner is clearly riding over the (what appears to be factory) piece set further back. Then at :56 you can clearly see the "virtually seamless" installation with the uneven gap and riveting . The drivers inside edge towards the corner is cut horribly too.

I'm sorry but that is not something I would put on my car. It looks nice from far, but far from nice. Great idea, poor execution.
So you would rather have you bumper scrapped that sometimes those scraps can bee seen when you are looking at the front end and possibly crack your front bumper which will result in either being replaced or repainted then a few holes underneath for a device that helps prevent all this? Obviosly you do not own an exotic car nor do you understand devaluation when bumper get replaced or repainted.
:angry:

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Very nice Elie.

Seems like a much safer alternative.

No brainer to me and the fit and finish looks spot on as well.

·
Registered
918 Posts
So you would rather have you bumper scrapped that sometimes those scraps can bee seen when you are looking at the front end and possibly crack your front bumper which will result in either being replaced or repainted then a few holes underneath for a device that helps prevent all this? Obviosly you do not own an exotic car nor do you understand devaluation when bumper get replaced or repainted.
:angry:
How is it preventing the bumper from being damaged, when you have to drill holes in the bumper to install it? Either way, the bumper is devalued and will need to be replaced, regardless. How does the value change when a bunch of holes are drilled in it, versus being used and maintained? If you're hitting the front bumper hard enough to crack it, or scraping it on something high enough to be seen when standing in front of it looking down on it, a piece of plastic isn't going to protect from that. I understand though, my car is low, and on mountain drives I have scraped the bumper, and I did make a skid plate for my car, I'll post pics of it Thursday when I get down to that shop. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, but if I owned a 458 I would at least want it to be shaped correctly, and not cut with a cutoff wheel.

You're right though, I don't own an exotic, but I do fix hack shit on Ferraris, Alfa Romeos, Aston Martins, etc. all the time.

Don't be :angry:, use the constructive criticism to perfect the product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts