Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all differences between Billy and Dallas Performance have been resolved amicably with no unresolved differences and there is nothing more to be seen here

all differences between Billy and Dallas Performance have been resolved amicably with no unresolved differences and there is nothing more to be seen here

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
What a fvcking joke. I'm pretty furious just reading that. I would not have paid a cent after the first incident. Does Dallas Performance provide a warranty?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Some of those pics make the car look like a death trap....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
No guys, Taylor is now saying no warranty, Taylor has posted elsewhere that I had a stage 2 so no warranty, which is false. Simply go to youtube and type Billy's Gallardo and you will see it on the dyno at DP making 1626 hp which is not a stage two. I had spent approx 150,000 dollars with dp and and had a fully built tranny, gears, drop gears, mid plate, differential, axels, ported heads, built motor, large turbos, 1600 hp tune. That is a stage 3 or race spec by all measures. So anyways I was dumb and I just kept sending money down there when they asked. Pretty much my car was being used for DP R&D :( I finally just couldn't take it anymore and was beginning to wonder and ask myself if more of the DP cars were having the same experience because I always saw the same cars in the shop every trip with an occasional new one. Honestly I can think of more to post in the blog but that is sufficient but just for instance I remember brand new fuel pumps not working mid-build and being told it was from the car sitting in the shop so long so had to replace all 4 pumps during the build twice even though I only had the car in my position for about 2 weeks since the build began at that point. I could go on but thinking about it gives me a headache. A lot of people are suggesting I take legal action so to answer the questions about that, yes I am considering it.
Considering it? You should have a lawyer ready and the court date set, nothing to consider.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Jesus Christ I can't believe what I just read!!! all that time, all the stress and all that money wasted it's just mind blowing.........and you are considering taking a legal action against this crook? He just STOLE 150k from you, to hell with the money you could burn alive in that car it's a death trap.........wow I'm really sorry you are going trough all of this there is nothing more I hate on this world than thieves and liars I would suggest you go all the way sue that sucker for a brand new car plus money back!
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Interesting read........you post this on lambopower yet since that the place where most of the potential customer reside.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh my..... I am sick to my stomach reading that. I cannot believe the lack of professionalism and responsibility. I also cannot believe you for paying them. Lawyer up, I hope you are able to get some kind of recourse. Would love to hear Dallas Performance's response. This type of stuff pisses me off.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
if i'm going to boost my m3, it's going to ESS.

If i'm going to boost my Bull, it's going to UGR.

I'm not completely sure why you chose Dallas. It's pretty well known who runs the show for twin turbo lambo's.

Nonetheless, i'm interested in hearing their rebuttal. Are they a forum sponsor?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
**** THAT!!!

Reactions: bimmerbrother1

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Sounds like they dropped a different engine into your car and used your unmolested motor on someone else's car.

Crappy experience all around.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
This is a direct quote...

Yeah I saw that post about DP's work. There's more to the story but it's not my place to get into it. All I can say is I have 100% confidence in Dallas Performance and their work. I will say, and you can read into it what you will, if a tuner/builder says don't push it over 1200 and you insist on turning it up to 1600, you're responsible for the results.

Need to be a registered user to see...

Cliffs?

I know there is always his side, her side, and the truth, but this seems like they need to take at lease some blame.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts