Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gave me a good chuckle. I notice a friend from HS is wearing a PAM in a new picture posted on his profile.

I post a wall message complimenting it and asking which one it is. He replies with "2010 Luminor Automatic."
Hmmmm, I say to myself, that's an uncommon response, people always tell you the number of the watch.

I post another message telling him which one I wear and which one Todd wears and ask which model # his is.

His reply - 385.

Really, now? There's no PAM 385. Internet busted, my friend. I'll pm him later, once I can see the picture better, but I am ashamed of my friend. And now, anyone who looks at his wall and sees that he says he has a 385 will also know.

Lesson: when someone asks a pointedly direct question about your (fake) watch, make sure you know something about the brand before you reply.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has since deleted his post about the model number, but hasn't re-replied. He said it was a gift from his gf...I hope he didn't just find out she got him a fake.

I tried several variations of the number he told me...still couldn't find anything that would be similar.

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
That was me - I like to front! :) Busted

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I have about 19 PAM 385s I can sell, who wants one? ;)

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
he must be talking about the price,maybe it's a 243.. :D

Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M Mens Watch PAM00243 Price:$385.00

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he must be talking about the price,maybe it's a 243.. :D

Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M Mens Watch PAM00243 Price:$385.00
That wouldn't be it. He has the 2010 Luminor Automatic. :whistle:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ my phone won't load the video, I'll have to watch it from home.

I gave it another shot, I sent him The Strapsmith's link and mentioned that I wore a custom strap on mine. I pretended not to have seen the since-deleted mention of the 385 and asked again which his was, wondering if we have the same one.

His reply, "cool, thanks. I just have the black rubber and leather straps it came with." My suspicion stands.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i don't understand why someone would fashion such a story - happens all the time though. my Panerai, my exotics, my yachts, mansions, etc etc. I would imagine there comes a point when these people feel a little fake themselves. or maybe not.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I say lets all friend request him and congratulate him on his watch! That would be epic.

·
3,114 Posts
This reminds me...

I have a friend who has tried to fool me with fake watches, claiming he got them as gifts from a rich aunt who has a mansion (which I had never heard about till that day). Needless to say, I'm 100% sure his Omega PO and Breitling Bently are fakes. Even the Yatchmaster that his father supposedly gave him after he graduated from college was fake (black dial YM)! He even showed me a Daytona that supposedly belonged to his father that was so fake I almost laughed when I saw it... and the stories continue. Many months later, he shows me his new Corum Admiral that he supposedly got from thewatchery.com... looks good, but I can't believe anything he says (watch-related) anymore.

Never confronted him about the fakes because I consider him a good friend.

Such a shame that people need to feel the need to lie to pretend to be someone or somewhere when they are not. Keep it real guys :).

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have an agent that I hired that came to his 1st meeting at our office with a "Omega PO"...it looked ok but something wasn't right and from accross the table I could not put my finger on it, but before he left for the night I shook his hand and complemented him on his Omega. He said you could see that it was an Omega accross the table? And I, assuming at this point he was a watch guy as well told him about a few of the watches I have and have had and we parted. Next day comes back to the office...fossil, no omega, same the next day, about the 3rd or 4th day I asked him what happened to the PO, and he just responded didn't put that one on today. I still have yet to see it back on his arm, but I am polite so I have not busted out and said you got a fake and were embarrased to wear it back. Since then I have also found out he sells knock off bags and shoes as well "on the side"...needless to say, he is no longer working for me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
not to mention buying fakes takes away billions every year from our economy and contributes to terrorism...

·
Registered
360 Posts
If I posted a picture of me on my FB with my 104 not a single person would even realize it was a nice watch.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
most people (in the real world) dont know watches.
before i came here on l4p...i thought pams were junk...and rolex, movado, and PP were the shit.....I didnt even know what an AP was.

now, although i dont care for them, i do know that pam is a nice watch.
maybe he is in the same boat as i...i own only a couple of watches..but i damn well know i cant tell you the model number of all but one (the rolex)
I get so confused when people start talking about pam by their numbers...i have to always go google the bitch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Who cares!! The guy probably bought it ...you embarrassed him in the comments so he deleted it. This thread is more embarrassing......

1 - 20 of 47 Posts