Luxury4Play.com banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
these bring back some memories...

(these were the 3rd version right?)
i remember in 7th grade all the cool kids had these, in white/red and black...
my dad had just quit his job of 15+ years to start his own business- money was real tight we weren't eating right!

nearly 3-4 months went by i wanted those shoes so bad-
when i finally saved up enough
it was the holidays i had to spend what i had earned on xmas gifts for my lil brother and my mom . . .

somehow someway my mom and dad scratched up the cash to buy me these J's - - - they were really expensive for us!!!

i'll never forget that feeling of my parents stretching themselves for me!

Jordan 3 & 4 Where so sweet...:laugh:
Me and MTK would fight over Jordans...
you would buy yours one size too big so they'd "last longer"
yeah man, times was tough!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
OK, found a bunch (but not all) of my Js. Here's some pics.....

The all-important "represent the 4" pic to confirm I actually own these Js.....

(top to bottom) OG white/black XIIs in size 11.5, OG black/red XI lows in size 12, white/carolina XI low retros in size 12 (DS or basically new, none with boxes)

(used OGs) white/carmine VIs in size 13, blue/black Foamposite 1s (aka Penny Hardaways) in size 12, black/black Flightposite in size 11.5, white/blue/flint XIIIs in size 11 (XIIIS ARE SO YOU, ILLGT2!!!)

White/blue Air Force 1 mids (the swoosh is actually metal on these) in size 9.5 & white/chrome Air Jordan IV retro in size 11 (again, CALLING ILLGT2)

A fraction of the collection......

Retro VIs......two pairs of super-rare Olympic colorway in size 9.5, first retro black/red in size 12, retro low black/silver in size 11, two pairs of retro low white/carolina in size 12

(all OGs with OG boxes) barely worn black/grey Xs in size 12, pretty used black/white/red VIIIs in size 11 & decent black/bordeaux VIIs in size 11

Retro XI black/red and white/black/dark concord.....all size 12

Retro IVs.....white/chrome size 10.5, white/black size 12 & black/cement/red size 12

I'll have to round up the rest of my collection and post more pics. Still got I, V, VII, IX, XIV and XV along with some stragglers I missed like some black/cool grey IVs.....:)

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
DAMn nice collection.... Def. a bit more stout then mine, as I have a similar collection, but less DS or NDS, most worn... I have to put my pic's up, pulled out my true blue 3's today, SO CRISPY !!!!!!!!!! Going for like 500-850 on flight club, they are keepers!

Flight Club also has a pair of 11 13's and black and red for 150 each, in store only and amazing condition from what the dude told me.. If you really want to sell yours or get rid of them i'll take them, but depends on what you are looking for as they are 150 on FC and local, might just make more sense to get them there :/

I'm going to pm you about some others though! Wanna trade me a pair of your 12 black and reds for same for a pair of brand new OG's in 13? LOL I can't wear 13, but snatched them up back then anyway!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Gents, in case anyone's wondering........everything I posted and will be posting are for sale. Though I feel very fondly about my kicks and the memories they give me, I'm also at a point in my life where I have just too much stuff. I'd rather these end up with L4Pers that are much more passionate about kicks than I am now.

FYI, I used to buy/sell/trade kicks during the late 90s and early 00s, so I personally acquired most all of these. I haven't been active in the kicks scene since 2003 or so, but I'm not looking to give away my collection either. Figure that I'm willing to sell at a solid discount to the prices you see on the online kicks sites, and the more kicks you're interested in the bigger the discount.

I'll have more pics of my collection later this weekend.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Gents, in case anyone's wondering........everything I posted and will be posting are for sale. Though I feel very fondly about my kicks and the memories they give me, I'm also at a point in my life where I have just too much stuff. I'd rather these end up with L4Pers that are much more passionate about kicks than I am now.

FYI, I used to buy/sell/trade kicks during the late 90s and early 00s, so I personally acquired most all of these. I haven't been active in the kicks scene since 2003 or so, but I'm not looking to give away my collection either. Figure that I'm willing to sell at a solid discount to the prices you see on the online kicks sites, and the more kicks you're interested in the bigger the discount.

I'll have more pics of my collection later this weekend.
be expecting a pm from me in the next week

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
BTW fellas who bought the new space jam's?? Aren't they the biggest POS's?!? Looking at them next to my OG pair, then first retros and they literally feel and look fake... Also, theres white dimples around the whole white sole, seems as if tons of people on the sneakerhead blogs and forums have the same thing, garbage!

·
Registered
777 Posts
BTW fellas who bought the new space jam's?? Aren't they the biggest POS's?!? Looking at them next to my OG pair, then first retros and they literally feel and look fake... Also, theres white dimples around the whole white sole, seems as if tons of people on the sneakerhead blogs and forums have the same thing, garbage!
ya... all those new retros are garbage... its retarded but i'd rather be wearing the one off deadstock stuff anyways so it doesnt really bother me too much

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa, hold up Martin. Are you saying you have an original pair of the Space Jams with the 45 on the back instead of the 23? Those were a limited production run for MJ and the "Space Jam" movie, and weren't released for public consumption. Some genuine pairs did hit the secondary market and they went for many thousands of dollars.

The SJs released in 2001 were considered retros. So the 2009 joints that you and lots of other folks are bagging on (I have no interest in buying any, even more so after buddies told me the quality is sub-par) are technically re-retros.

I regret not keeping any of the first retro Space Jams. As a bonus a couple years back to my inside rep that supported me, I gave him my last DS pair along with a VNDS pair. Back when the first retros were released, I ordered and sold over 120 pairs of them within the first 3 months. Hopefully I can dig up the pictures I had of all the stacks of boxes.

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
My bad, the originals I was comparing them to were my breds I told you about, I have the first retro of the black space jams though that you had as well, same with my whites and cool grey's...

I however DID have those original space jams (mine had 23 though not 45) ??, and the concords when I was a kid, about 5th grade so like when I was 11 maybe? Those are LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG gone lmao

·
Registered
621 Posts
Quality has gone down a bit but the Shoes are still sick. As far as collecting them I just pick up the ones I really like... I go through phases but I am back into it heavily since there are a lot of cool ones coming out these year, IE cool grey 12's and the motorsport 6's..

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Quality has gone down a bit but the Shoes are still sick. As far as collecting them I just pick up the ones I really like... I go through phases but I am back into it heavily since there are a lot of cool ones coming out these year, IE cool grey 12's and the motorsport 6's..
I guess you are right... I complain about the quality because it's true, but I still buy them, ah well :lol:

BTW can't wait for the Motorsport 6's, I LOVE THEM!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa, hold up Martin. Are you saying you have an original pair of the Space Jams with the 45 on the back instead of the 23? Those were a limited production run for MJ and the "Space Jam" movie, and weren't released for public consumption. Some genuine pairs did hit the secondary market and they went for many thousands of dollars.

The SJs released in 2001 were considered retros. So the 2009 joints that you and lots of other folks are bagging on (I have no interest in buying any, even more so after buddies told me the quality is sub-par) are technically re-retros.

I regret not keeping any of the first retro Space Jams. As a bonus a couple years back to my inside rep that supported me, I gave him my last DS pair along with a VNDS pair. Back when the first retros were released, I ordered and sold over 120 pairs of them within the first 3 months. Hopefully I can dig up the pictures I had of all the stacks of boxes.
what all do you have in size 9.5?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I guess you are right... I complain about the quality because it's true, but I still buy them, ah well :lol:

BTW can't wait for the Motorsport 6's, I LOVE THEM!
Those are extremely, extremely exclusive.... the local Niketown will not even be getting them.... They have had every Retro for as long as I can remember..

with that said... I will have pics of mine pretty soon. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Those are extremely, extremely exclusive.... the local Niketown will not even be getting them.... They have had every Retro for as long as I can remember..

with that said... I will have pics of mine pretty soon. :wink:
Picking mine up TOMORROW, pic's to follow suit...

BTW fellas, yesterday I had a huge "come up" as the sneaker world likes to say, when they get a crazy deal..

Was on craigslist looking for some J's (11's and 13's primarily) and this guy had his whole collection for sale, getting married and needed to rid of them..

Prices seemed WAY TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, but pic's were legit.. I immediately reserved them in email, and said listen, don't waste my time are these legit? I'll know when I see them in person, so best to not waste either of our time. He said I guarantee them 100% authentic, I said okay meet you at Flight club downtown on Greene St, he complies...

Met with him yesterday, picked up DS brand new 13's Black/Red's, Blue/Flints for 125 EACH, I knew from seeing the box they were legit, then opened yup, couldn't believe it.. Asked the dudes at flight club for the hell of it, YUP, then quickly exited the store to make the deal so they wouldn't pull a fast one and offer more for them :lol:

Also got a pair of black and chrome 8's for 100, olympic 7's for 150, I banked!

Quick pic, excuse the terrible lighting and iphone shitty quality.. NO the soles are smooth white, phone just can't pick up the grooves with the bright light lmao

61 - 80 of 148 Posts