Luxury4Play.com banner

Fashion Advice for shoe/belt/suit pairing.

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  vtiracing08 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an event that we are sponsoring the end of the month. The theme is the "Roaring Twenties" so people most likely will be wearing period fashion. I figure now is a good a time as any to break out my Navy/White seersucker suit. But according to my wife, I have been doing it wrong the whole time as I used to wear black shoes with it.

So here is a picture of the suit:

Wearing this watch strap with similar watch:

What type of shoes should I wear with it? Doing research everyone says white bucs but I am not sure if I am sold on that. Before looking it up my initial thought was a white slip-on style loafer or something like this:

Looking at a lot of google images I see many people wearing brown with them.

My most confusing part of this is the belt. I am reading that a woven or surcingle belts. But do I get it in black? White? Blue?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
If you're wearing the pants, as well, I'd do a woven belt of just about any color with the shoes matching the leather ends of the belt. I would wear suspenders, and throw on white shoes that have a touch of either black/brown, depending on the color of the suspender ends. If you were to wear the seersucker with white pants by chance, I'd definitely do a brown belt/shoe combo.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I already have light brown shoes and a matching belt so it seems like that is the way to go. I'm not a white shoe fan either, I didn't want to wear them unless I'm supposed to.

I have these shoes with matching belt, the picture appears darker than they actually are. Not sure if I should go lighter.

#10 ·
Thought about rocking a hat. I would prefer not to wear a tie.

#12 ·
Thanks, I ended up rocking those. Out of 750 people at this event, maybe 50 dressed in period attire. I definitely stood out haha

Reactions: George Brown
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.