Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an event that we are sponsoring the end of the month. The theme is the "Roaring Twenties" so people most likely will be wearing period fashion. I figure now is a good a time as any to break out my Navy/White seersucker suit. But according to my wife, I have been doing it wrong the whole time as I used to wear black shoes with it.

So here is a picture of the suit:

Wearing this watch strap with similar watch:

What type of shoes should I wear with it? Doing research everyone says white bucs but I am not sure if I am sold on that. Before looking it up my initial thought was a white slip-on style loafer or something like this:

Looking at a lot of google images I see many people wearing brown with them.

My most confusing part of this is the belt. I am reading that a woven or surcingle belts. But do I get it in black? White? Blue?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you're wearing the pants, as well, I'd do a woven belt of just about any color with the shoes matching the leather ends of the belt. I would wear suspenders, and throw on white shoes that have a touch of either black/brown, depending on the color of the suspender ends. If you were to wear the seersucker with white pants by chance, I'd definitely do a brown belt/shoe combo.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you're wearing the pants, as well, I'd do a woven belt of just about any color with the shoes matching the leather ends of the belt. I would wear suspenders, and throw on white shoes that have a touch of either black/brown, depending on the color of the suspender ends. If you were to wear the seersucker with white pants by chance, I'd definitely do a brown belt/shoe combo.
suspenders and a belt at the same time is a huge fashion faux pas

depending on how well your suit fits and how set you are on white shoes

white shoes with no belt or blue suspenders
light brown shoes with light brown belt

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
suspenders and a belt at the same time is a huge fashion faux pas

depending on how well your suit fits and how set you are on white shoes

white shoes with no belt or blue suspenders
light brown shoes with light brown belt
Definitely wasn't recommending both at the same time, though it may have read that way.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I already have light brown shoes and a matching belt so it seems like that is the way to go. I'm not a white shoe fan either, I didn't want to wear them unless I'm supposed to.

I have these shoes with matching belt, the picture appears darker than they actually are. Not sure if I should go lighter.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought about rocking a hat. I would prefer not to wear a tie.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I ended up rocking those. Out of 750 people at this event, maybe 50 dressed in period attire. I definitely stood out haha

Reactions: George Brown
1 - 12 of 12 Posts