Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the gig. You've been given a gift card with no limit. The only rules are you must buy five watches, price is no object. What five pieces would you get.

To many of us, watches are more than status symbols, they are engineering marvels that rival the artisty of the greats throughout history. So tell us a little about why you'd choose one or two of the pieces as well if you'd like.

Link to image since it is too big.
1. F.P. Journe Platinum Tourbillon Souverain Black Label
The fact that this watch exists is a testament to the creativity and ingenuity of dedicated craftsman. Absolutely beautiful as a time piece, but the movement itself is something to marvel at.

2. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore T3
Being that I love the ROO, I love big watches and I am a fan of all things Arnold, this piece would be right at home next to my other Arnold Inspired pieces. (side note, I'd love the End of Days and Arnold as well, but the T3 is my top choice of those)

3. Maitres du Temps Chapter One Wristwatch
The beauty of this piece speaks for itself.

4. Ulysse Nardin Freak Blue Phantom

5. Patek Philippe Ref 5002 P Sky Moon Tourbillon

If I was rewarded with the ability to buy a few cheap watches, I'd rock the Omega Railmaster XXL on a custom Rob Montana strap (likely my next purchase).

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
1. Bell & Ross Tourbillion Phantom

2. Romain Jerome Titanic DNA Watch

3.Model 2499 First Series (1957) Patek Philippe, 1957

4. Hublot Bigger Bang ALL black

5. Panerai radomir Black Seal. PAM292

·
Registered
726 Posts
1. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak carbon concept

2. Urwerk 202

3. Harry Winston Opus V

4. Richard Mille RM012

5. Jacob & Co. Quenttin WG

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I love all sorts of complications: Moonphase, Perpetual Calendars, Flyback Chronographs, Tourbillon, etc. I also love both German and Swiss watches. I tried to incorporate a variety of complications and manufacturers to make my list well rounded. Without further adieu, here is my list:

1) Lange & Sohne Datograph Perpetual: I've always been a fan of the handwound Lange's. The German craftsmanship is remarkable and is a work of art.

2) Patek Phillippe Sky Moon Tourbillon: I hate to have the same watch as on the OP's list, but I'd imagine this would be on many lists of this sort. Add to the fact that it's incredibly rare and understated.

3) Zenith Zero-G Tourbillon: I've always been a fan of the pre-LVMH designs of Zenith. In fact, I have a classic Chronomaster Moonphase that I adore. The high beat El Primero (36,600 vpm) has always fascinated me. It's an absolute joy to listen to. The Zero-G is a departure from my traditional/classic preference, but is so different that I love it.

4) Vacheron Constantin Les Cabinotiers Skeleton Minute Repeater - The world’s slimmest-ever skeleton minute repeater watch. The tiny "ding-dongs" of a minute repeater always manages to put a smile on my face. They always remind of my a little village church somewhere in Provence or Tuscany.

5) The Patek Phillippe "Henry Graves Jr." Pocket Watch: The rules were no limit on price, right? :)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Ok, Now theres an AP I finally like!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts