Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS A LITTLE LOOK BEHIND THE SCENES OF WHAT IS DONE ON A SERVICE ON A LP640. IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK AWAY!

·
L4P Moderator
4,794 Posts
nothing but the best from famous. good job mitch!

Shared with over Ten Thousand of L4P Fans on FaceBook.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much HP did the filters pick up?
well i haven't dyno'd them but depending on what else is done ie: exhaust etc you should see anywhere from a ten to 20 hp gain.the one i was working on i built my own custom exhaust for it and have driven this car many times with the stock air filters. both me and the client took it on a drive afterwards and could definitely feel the difference in throttle response and it felt better. i've always changed these air filters no matter what the model is and it always feels that the like cars like being opened up with some more air. it never hurts :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you guys do one on a pad change, that'd be awesome.

I'm assuming it's similar to AMG's set-up? Pop the pins out etc.?
for the most part yes. the key is how you clean the back side, the surface area of the calipers and how you prep the back of the pad. all tricks of the trade my friend. i will work on doing that one but not sure what to video. what are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
it would be nice to know how to change the cabin air filter on a gallardo. i can't even find it. i know it's in the passenger footwell somewhere.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
for the most part yes. the key is how you clean the back side, the surface area of the calipers and how you prep the back of the pad. all tricks of the trade my friend. i will work on doing that one but not sure what to video. what are you looking for?

nothing in particular, just love seeing mechanical work done on high end stuff :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it would be nice to know how to change the cabin air filter on a gallardo. i can't even find it. i know it's in the passenger footwell somewhere.
yeah your on the right track but those filters are kinda of a biotch to do. they are at the back of the ac box. so if your looking at the center console they are all the way towards the back. the best way to change them is you have to drop the glove box, the fuse panel and move a couple things around to access it. if your pretty savvy you can do it but for most if you don't know the secret handshake you will be there for a while!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts